2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.0L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

LS Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Best Truck
By Chevy Lover on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck has the 8.1 with the allison tranny. Has power and with a full load it won't bog down. All one ton and in great condition lots of miles over 216k but still runs strong, I never have a problem with the truck, I use it to pull and drive on a daily basis. The 4x4 works great too.When needing to it will turn all 4 tires without a problem. With all the normal maintenance it runs strong with no problems. I highly recommend this truck for any occasion or any reason.

ROUGH RIDE WITH LOTS OF POWER
By Dave on 11/10/04 13:52 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck rides so rough and is worthless for a long trip that would take more than 2hrs....Overall it has all the power anyone could ask for the 4WD performs great. It's a typical Chevy though, lots of rattles, and typical poor workmanship for chevy in the cabin. I'll buy a Ford next time! Oh and I almost forgot to mention TERRIBLE gas mileage. I get 10mpg on average! It kills my pocketbook for $1.90/gallon when I fill up.

I love my truck
By flaskerud on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The first several months I would come home at night and tell my wife "I love my truck". She owns a 2000 Yukon, but we feel so much more secure and sit higher, so we use the truck more. I've towed a heavy construction trailer with a tractor and the rear bumper barely dropped. The rental shop was impressed. Also tow a 30 ft 9000 lb travel trailer with ease. My 6'6" and 400 lb son fits in the back seat only way

D-Max Diesel Rules!
By RobnCar on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The 6.6L DuraMax Turbo Diesel w/ Allison 5sp 2500HD is the best truck I've owned. It will out haul and out tow the others hands down. We had a '96 Suburban w/454 and this diesel makes that look like a toy. We were able to tow a '55 Chevy uphill with the windows up and A/C on at 70MPH and the truck acted like there was no trailer there at all. What a brute! I forgot to mention the 20MPG highway! What a great truck! I'd buy another in a minute...

GM down the tubes
By lemon buyer on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

My 2001 Chevy HD started the notorious engine knock at 7,000mi. With just over 13000 mi. on it now,the transmission went out.I now know why I avoided chevy pickups for years. They may look nice,but they are junk,and GM wont back them.