2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Powertrap
By Cassandra on 02/25/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Power wise I have been very happy with the truck, I pull a heavy gooseneck horse trailer cross country a couple times a year, as well as haul a lot of hay. Gas mileage stinks but, I expect that. It is very comfortable to drive also. The problem is the body design - the dang thing is literally coming to pieces. I live in a rural area with rough roads. This truck is just not designed to handle it. Soon I will have to have a flatbed put on because every brace on the wheel wells is broken loose and rattling. I have used G.M. trucks for 23 years, this one is the worst ever as far as durability. The next one will likely be a Dodge, or back to an older, tougher G.M.

great truck
By kevin on 07/13/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first big truck of my own. I worked for a company and drove their trucks like this but they were poorly taken care of. I moved up from a S-10. This truck is great; lots of power, rides ok, very dependable, comfortable, quiet inside the cab -- not much road noise or wind noise.

Hot Rod CHEVY TRUCK
By Tom Cull on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The 2500HD is most powerful vehicle I've ever owned. I ordered the 8.1 Vortec with an Allison 5 speed automatic transmission, 2WD, 3.73 rear end and still get a respectable 15.5 mpg. It pulls my 3,500 lb. bass boat like it's not even there. This truck is extremely powerful and fun to drive. I've owned at least a dozen pickup trucks and this is by far my favorite. I highly recomend this truck to anyone that wants a truck with hot rod performance.