2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Consumer Review: Pulls all Day

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic - Consumer Review

LT1 Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Pulls all Day
By Big Bob on

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Test drove and researched reviews and maintenance histories of the big three, and settled on the Chevy to pull my 5th Wheel. I'm so impressed that I'm taking the time to post this review, and like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Duramax/Allison pwertrain - quiet and dependable, this is one towing beast. Pulled my 14,000 lb trailer coast-to- coast, up and over the White Mountains while passing cars climbing the hills. While the comment about "acres of plastic" is true, and I find the exterior styling less appealing than similar Fords, I bought it to haul and stay out of the shop, and it does both better than the competition. This is a great truck.

Duramax/Allison powertrain are the best on the civilian market - put the Allsion in "tow mode" and install a Prodigy brake controller and you'll never know the trailer's back there!

The new truck (I drove several) is very impressive - and undoubtedly a better chassis - but the LMM and subsequent diesels will, I think, suffer for a while while GM/Isuzu come to grips with the new emission regulations. I'm staying old-school until they figure it out.