Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:

Duramax, Just Awesome
By Bootleg

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After much discussion between gas and diesel, we went with the Duramax. Just awesome is all I can say. We just pulled a 4 horse trailer cross country, 9 days and 6500 miles later my back was not even sore from the ride. Engine never slowed across any of the mountains. Plenty of room to lay out in the back and sleep while trading off driving. I revamped some built in headrest dvd players from an H3 and they look great. Should be an option.

Favorite Features

Duramax and Allison tranny, easy and fun to drive, engine brake in tow haul mode (great)

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage while towing. Bigger tires from factory. Headrest DVD players,

Best Truck ever
By Robert

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased to pull a trailer and love it so much it has become my daily driver. It has plenty of power and fuel mileage is acceptable due to the diesel and Allison 6 speed transmission. I live in snow country and the 4wd, heated seats, defrosters are all excellent.

Favorite Features

Diesel engine, Allison trans, heated leather seats, large extendable heated mirrors, OnStar, XM radio on the Bose system

Suggested Improvements

The truck is great but if I had to ask for three things I would ask for standard tube steps, upgraded HID headlamp system, and side curtain airbags.

Chevrolet 2500hd Ext Cab 4x4
By Jim

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great riding and driving truck! Can handle the occassional work load well! Good reliabilty! The new six speed automatic transmission is a dissappointment! I currently still own a 2500hd classic with the old 4 speed automatic trans and under similar driving conditions cosistently gets 3.1 miles per gallon better fuel economy! I would have expected the 6 speed to get better fuel economy than the old one!

Favorite Features

Great Interior design and comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel economy. 10.2 mpg is really not acceptable with todays tecnology! More size appropriate tires!

No replacement for displacement
By M Humphrey

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3 4dr Extended Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded a Dodge 1500 Hemi for this 2007 2500HD with the Vortec 8100 and Allison six speed automatic. Wow this thing really goes! It is better than the old 454 engine. I needed a lot of pulling capacity but did not need the expense of the DuraMax, this really fills the need. Gas mileage is about 12.5 mpg around town and 14.5 on the highway and it loves regular gas. Drivers seat is much better than the Dodge was. Steering is not quite as good, seems to wander at high speeds. Could be the E load tires compared to the 20" tires on the Dodge. Attention Dodge owners: Chevy dealers will not give you anything on trade if you have a 05-07 Dodge. Overall very strong truck.

Favorite Features

Vortec 8100 , Allison Automatic and 4.10 gears make for a real puller.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back a big block gas engine for the new body styles.

Towing doesn't get better than this
By Doug C

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax w/ Allison Trans is the way to go. I regularly pull a 13.5K fifth wheel and sometimes forget it is back there. Rides better than my SUV, gets better fuel economy (gotta love a diesel) and has all the same creature comforts. I would definitely buy again, although I'm thinking I won't have to.

Favorite Features

Diesel - fuel efficiency and cost can't be beat. Leather and Bose surround aren't bad either.

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't change a thing