Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:

Best Truck ever
By Robert

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased to pull a trailer and love it so much it has become my daily driver. It has plenty of power and fuel mileage is acceptable due to the diesel and Allison 6 speed transmission. I live in snow country and the 4wd, heated seats, defrosters are all excellent.

Diesel engine, Allison trans, heated leather seats, large extendable heated mirrors, OnStar, XM radio on the Bose system

The truck is great but if I had to ask for three things I would ask for standard tube steps, upgraded HID headlamp system, and side curtain airbags.

New 2500HD
By Art

Great truck! The ride is better than either Dodge or Ford across my dirt roads. On the highway it does not ride as well as my wife's Suburban, but still much better than the other trucks I have. Handles well, better than most trucks that are not "sporterized". I test drove all three domestic truck lines and this was head and shoulders above the competition. Fuel mileage is low, but this is probably due to the engine break in period.

I have the diesel and it accellerates much better than my Dodge 2500 with a Cummins. Less chatter, but a clear turbo-diesel sound. Brakes are outstanding. Pricing is steep compared to other trucks, but hey, it is a Chevy.

Body style is left a little wanting. The front bumper juts out a little far. Still a great looking truck. Front step assist should be standard, as the truck is high. Little to suggest, it is a great truck.