2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:
You Can't Beat This Truck!
By OC Fire on 11/14/09 22:57 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 3 years now and have put over 75,000 miles on it since I drove it off the lot. The Duramax/Allison combo is unbeatable in todays truck market. I have not had a single issue with this truck. I have 3 friends with the exact same model with no problems either. It pulls our 5th wheels with ease and the manual electronic shifting is great for going down steep grades. I just replaced my original set of tires at 70,000! Other people have complained about MPG, but I average 16.6 MPG! I highly recommend anyone looking at this model year to buy it!

Pulls all Day
By Big Bob on 09/20/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Test drove and researched reviews and maintenance histories of the big three, and settled on the Chevy to pull my 5th Wheel. I'm so impressed that I'm taking the time to post this review, and like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Duramax/Allison pwertrain - quiet and dependable, this is one towing beast. Pulled my 14,000 lb trailer coast-to- coast, up and over the White Mountains while passing cars climbing the hills. While the comment about "acres of plastic" is true, and I find the exterior styling less appealing than similar Fords, I bought it to haul and stay out of the shop, and it does both better than the competition. This is a great truck.

Duramax, Just Awesome
By Bootleg on 12/30/08 19:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After much discussion between gas and diesel, we went with the Duramax. Just awesome is all I can say. We just pulled a 4 horse trailer cross country, 9 days and 6500 miles later my back was not even sore from the ride. Engine never slowed across any of the mountains. Plenty of room to lay out in the back and sleep while trading off driving. I revamped some built in headrest dvd players from an H3 and they look great. Should be an option.

Best Truck ever
By Robert on 06/29/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased to pull a trailer and love it so much it has become my daily driver. It has plenty of power and fuel mileage is acceptable due to the diesel and Allison 6 speed transmission. I live in snow country and the 4wd, heated seats, defrosters are all excellent.

Towing doesn't get better than this
By Doug C on 06/14/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

Duramax w/ Allison Trans is the way to go. I regularly pull a 13.5K fifth wheel and sometimes forget it is back there. Rides better than my SUV, gets better fuel economy (gotta love a diesel) and has all the same creature comforts. I would definitely buy again, although I'm thinking I won't have to.

Grade A
By austin on 03/06/07 20:51 PM (PST)

This is the nicest truck on the road hands down. I test drove all 3 competitors (Ford, Dodge and Chevy) and Chevy takes the cake. The ride is superior, engine is loud like the powerstroke and cummins, more HP(365 and more torque 660 lbs) very roomy and comfortable. Just needs bigger tires. Price is more and I could of got a diesel for 40 grand but hey 45 grand for a Chevy and that truck is worth it. 5 stars

Great Truck, Especially the Diesel
By Dominic Uliano on 02/20/07 05:51 AM (PST)

This is an awesome truck! I am super impressed with the power and acceleration of the Duramax/Allison combination. The ride is excellent and very quiet. The interior is not super flashy but it is very driver friendly. It also seats my family of 5 and my black lab very well (Crew Cab).

Great Truck!
By Dominic Uliano on 02/14/07 10:07 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with this truck. It is the Duramax Diesel(LBZ 6.6l) with Allison Transmission. It's solid truck that drives extremely well. It is very quiet for a diesel. My kids actually fall asleep in it when we are on the highway because it is so smooth. Although, this truck has a lot of power! I like the body style but if I could change one thing it would be the tiny tires they put on this hulking truck. It really hurts the overall look of it and most buyers of this truck change them immediately anyways.

New 2500HD
By Art on 11/14/06 14:07 PM (PST)

Great truck! The ride is better than either Dodge or Ford across my dirt roads. On the highway it does not ride as well as my wife's Suburban, but still much better than the other trucks I have. Handles well, better than most trucks that are not "sporterized". I test drove all three domestic truck lines and this was head and shoulders above the competition. Fuel mileage is low, but this is probably due to the engine break in period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.