Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:

You Can't Beat This Truck!
By OC Fire

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 3 years now and have put over 75,000 miles on it since I drove it off the lot. The Duramax/Allison combo is unbeatable in todays truck market. I have not had a single issue with this truck. I have 3 friends with the exact same model with no problems either. It pulls our 5th wheels with ease and the manual electronic shifting is great for going down steep grades. I just replaced my original set of tires at 70,000! Other people have complained about MPG, but I average 16.6 MPG! I highly recommend anyone looking at this model year to buy it!

Reliability, manual electronic gear shift, sound system is great for stock, comfortable leather seats, plenty of power.

Larger tires for looks only.

Pulls all Day
By Big Bob

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Test drove and researched reviews and maintenance histories of the big three, and settled on the Chevy to pull my 5th Wheel. I'm so impressed that I'm taking the time to post this review, and like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Duramax/Allison pwertrain - quiet and dependable, this is one towing beast. Pulled my 14,000 lb trailer coast-to- coast, up and over the White Mountains while passing cars climbing the hills. While the comment about "acres of plastic" is true, and I find the exterior styling less appealing than similar Fords, I bought it to haul and stay out of the shop, and it does both better than the competition. This is a great truck.

Duramax/Allison powertrain are the best on the civilian market - put the Allsion in "tow mode" and install a Prodigy brake controller and you'll never know the trailer's back there!

The new truck (I drove several) is very impressive - and undoubtedly a better chassis - but the LMM and subsequent diesels will, I think, suffer for a while while GM/Isuzu come to grips with the new emission regulations. I'm staying old-school until they figure it out.

Duramax, Just Awesome
By Bootleg

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After much discussion between gas and diesel, we went with the Duramax. Just awesome is all I can say. We just pulled a 4 horse trailer cross country, 9 days and 6500 miles later my back was not even sore from the ride. Engine never slowed across any of the mountains. Plenty of room to lay out in the back and sleep while trading off driving. I revamped some built in headrest dvd players from an H3 and they look great. Should be an option.

Duramax and Allison tranny, easy and fun to drive, engine brake in tow haul mode (great)

Better fuel mileage while towing. Bigger tires from factory. Headrest DVD players,

Best Truck ever
By Robert

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased to pull a trailer and love it so much it has become my daily driver. It has plenty of power and fuel mileage is acceptable due to the diesel and Allison 6 speed transmission. I live in snow country and the 4wd, heated seats, defrosters are all excellent.

Diesel engine, Allison trans, heated leather seats, large extendable heated mirrors, OnStar, XM radio on the Bose system

The truck is great but if I had to ask for three things I would ask for standard tube steps, upgraded HID headlamp system, and side curtain airbags.

Towing doesn't get better than this
By Doug C

Duramax w/ Allison Trans is the way to go. I regularly pull a 13.5K fifth wheel and sometimes forget it is back there. Rides better than my SUV, gets better fuel economy (gotta love a diesel) and has all the same creature comforts. I would definitely buy again, although I'm thinking I won't have to.

Diesel - fuel efficiency and cost can't be beat. Leather and Bose surround aren't bad either.

Wouldn't change a thing