Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:

Pulls all Day
By Big Bob

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Test drove and researched reviews and maintenance histories of the big three, and settled on the Chevy to pull my 5th Wheel. I'm so impressed that I'm taking the time to post this review, and like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Duramax/Allison pwertrain - quiet and dependable, this is one towing beast. Pulled my 14,000 lb trailer coast-to- coast, up and over the White Mountains while passing cars climbing the hills. While the comment about "acres of plastic" is true, and I find the exterior styling less appealing than similar Fords, I bought it to haul and stay out of the shop, and it does both better than the competition. This is a great truck.

Duramax/Allison powertrain are the best on the civilian market - put the Allsion in "tow mode" and install a Prodigy brake controller and you'll never know the trailer's back there!

The new truck (I drove several) is very impressive - and undoubtedly a better chassis - but the LMM and subsequent diesels will, I think, suffer for a while while GM/Isuzu come to grips with the new emission regulations. I'm staying old-school until they figure it out.

Great Truck, Especially the Diesel
By Dominic Uliano

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is an awesome truck! I am super impressed with the power and acceleration of the Duramax/Allison combination. The ride is excellent and very quiet. The interior is not super flashy but it is very driver friendly. It also seats my family of 5 and my black lab very well (Crew Cab).

Duramax engine and the Allison transmission make this a super truck.

Larger tires and wheels. They are 245 16's and they look too small for the truck