Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD Classic model:

07 Silverado Classic 2500 HD Duramax
By parkerkr

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very impressed with performance. I tow a 10000 lb 5th wheel travel trailer without even a hiccup! Right now I drive 72 miles one way to work each day in the snow, getting 17-18 mpg on a regular basis and have gotten as high as 19.2 mpg, that is while in 4x4 in the snow

Nothing fancy, it just works
By BrutusC

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LS 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this classic 2500 used and it was a steal at the time, as our economy was imploding and contractors were losing their companies and vehicles. It needed tires anyway so I upgraded the wheels/tires quite affordable and it looks sharp. Seat comfort is what won me over. The regular cab is smaller than the Dodge's inside, but with some ingenuity there is space for everything. Ride is firm but tolerable. Loaded it's pretty smooth. Empty you get a little bounce. Steering is work truck vague but it does not wander like some trucks. Reliability has been perfect in over a year of use, though I did have the steering clunk fixed under warranty recall. Great value truck.

Favorite Features

Nice looks, looks like a truck, not a blob trying to be modern. Very comfortable seating. Ergonomics are solid. Weight carrying capacity is huge. Reliable. Not a country Cadillac, but I'm tired of those. 133" wheelbase makes towing easier than longer versions.

Suggested Improvements

Add 3-6" of cab space for storage in reg cabs. Not much else.

Solid, nothing fancy, just what I wanted
By Lawn Ranger

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LS 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my long bed Silverado 2500 6.0 v8 used. Due to market conditions this truck is now worth more than I paid for it 9 months later. I prefer the looks of this "classic" model vs newer Silverados. It gets about 10mpg in frequent stop use, with about 2,000 in the bed all the time. No complaints, as a previous compact V6 truck only got 12mpg w/ similar load . Comfortable seats, good visibility, I like the tighter handling vs light duty trucks that wallow, but ride is rougher unloaded. Buy this for work, not for macho image, there are better country cadillacs out there. So far, no issues w/ reliability. Def. recc bigger wheels for looks. My new wheels transformed it.

Favorite Features

Looks, huge carrying capacity, flat handling, comfortable seats, good gauges, good visibility, decent noise levels for HD truck, low price used.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger OEM wheel options, more storage space behind seat on reg cabs like Ram/Tundra/F150, etc.

You Can't Beat This Truck!
By OC Fire

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 3 years now and have put over 75,000 miles on it since I drove it off the lot. The Duramax/Allison combo is unbeatable in todays truck market. I have not had a single issue with this truck. I have 3 friends with the exact same model with no problems either. It pulls our 5th wheels with ease and the manual electronic shifting is great for going down steep grades. I just replaced my original set of tires at 70,000! Other people have complained about MPG, but I average 16.6 MPG! I highly recommend anyone looking at this model year to buy it!

Favorite Features

Reliability, manual electronic gear shift, sound system is great for stock, comfortable leather seats, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Larger tires for looks only.

Pulls all Day
By Big Bob

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Test drove and researched reviews and maintenance histories of the big three, and settled on the Chevy to pull my 5th Wheel. I'm so impressed that I'm taking the time to post this review, and like other reviewers, I have nothing but praise for the Duramax/Allison pwertrain - quiet and dependable, this is one towing beast. Pulled my 14,000 lb trailer coast-to- coast, up and over the White Mountains while passing cars climbing the hills. While the comment about "acres of plastic" is true, and I find the exterior styling less appealing than similar Fords, I bought it to haul and stay out of the shop, and it does both better than the competition. This is a great truck.

Favorite Features

Duramax/Allison powertrain are the best on the civilian market - put the Allsion in "tow mode" and install a Prodigy brake controller and you'll never know the trailer's back there!

Suggested Improvements

The new truck (I drove several) is very impressive - and undoubtedly a better chassis - but the LMM and subsequent diesels will, I think, suffer for a while while GM/Isuzu come to grips with the new emission regulations. I'm staying old-school until they figure it out.