2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Review: My New Chevy in an "Ice Storm"

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

My New Chevy in an "Ice Storm"
By jlarsonfam on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The truck handled easliy and the 6.0 Vortec 6000 V8 engine was very responsive. The power seats worked great. The four door crew cab is a plus in hauling around adult relatives in comfort. My first weekend we ran into an ice storm that continued all night. This enabled me to use the real strength of this truck. I put the truck in auto four wheel drive and it handled the ice and downed tree limbs with ease. The heated seats and auto climate control were also greatly appreciated. As was the steering wheel mounted controls for the built in driver information center and XM Satellite system. Although this is a new vehicle every system has worked well.

The auto four wheel drive and steering wheel mounted controls left me in total control especialy in very icy conditions. The heated seats in the very cold weather, was a real plus. As it got dark outside the fog lights helped me see the bad spots and downed tree limbs.

Need something to grab onto as you get into the drivers seat. The passenger side has a hand hold. I am averaging only 13.7 miles per gallon,(which are mostly highway not city miles). Also, a few more creative storage places would be a plus.