A Crew Cab for Work and Play
By BigChevy4dr on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
There is so much room with this crew cab. Looked at every true 4 door truck on the market and this one is tops in power, towing, comfort, resale, etc. The rear seat is both deeper and more comfortable than those in the Ford, Dodge, and Nissan (didn't even bother to look at Toyota with its smaller motor). The interior is not luxurious, but that's not why I bought the truck. Its very well put together and has acres of room for the low sticker price. Big Chevy rebates also helped me get the dealer to take $8300 off of list price. Not a single regret on this truck except that I didn't get one sooner.
Favorite Features
The XM radio is cool at first, but not worth $10 per month. This truck tows like a champ and rides better when fully loaded with gear and a trailer. All 3 of my kids fit in the back with no complaints. The 4 doors make kid duty much more livable.
Suggested Improvements
Like everyone else, I wish this truck got better mileage, but it's a 6.0 liter with 300 hp so I can't complain too much. Steering is pretty sensitive at highway speeds, especially in high winds. Otherwise everything else is great and I wouldn't change a thing!