2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:
2500 Crewcab
By Bryan's 2500 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Never buy a vehicle from Koons in the VA, MD area. Horrible to deal with. However I do really like my truck and enjoy driving it. My biggest suggestion to Chevrolet would have to be for them to add rear A/C vents for the rear passangers. The next suggestion would be for them to put larger tires on the 2500 so they look more truck like instead of an overgrown car. Make it look like the Z71 ext cabs. There is to much open wheel well space.

A Crew Cab for Work and Play
By BigChevy4dr on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is so much room with this crew cab. Looked at every true 4 door truck on the market and this one is tops in power, towing, comfort, resale, etc. The rear seat is both deeper and more comfortable than those in the Ford, Dodge, and Nissan (didn't even bother to look at Toyota with its smaller motor). The interior is not luxurious, but that's not why I bought the truck. Its very well put together and has acres of room for the low sticker price. Big Chevy rebates also helped me get the dealer to take $8300 off of list price. Not a single regret on this truck except that I didn't get one sooner.

Harsh Ride on some freeways/highways
By cmon on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

ok, check this out. I like this truck, everything about it, except that it is VERY VERY bouncy when you have bad road. I put about 25,000 miles in about 5 months now, and I suggest you do some research before buying this 3/4 ton truck. It kinda feels like your holding onto a machine gun at times. It gets bad, but when it's good, it's good. But when you haul stuff, life is good (very smooth). I suggest the Propane powered option because of them gas prices now. You get about the same mileage, but you pay much less for propane (cheapest i've seen is $1.30) vs. $2.25 for gasoline.

the best truck for family man
By STILLEY,RAY on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS TRUCK,I CHOSE IT OVER A CORVETTE.IT IS SO CONVIENIENT AND PRACTICLE,I WISH THE FUEL MILAGE WAS BETTER IN CITY,AROUND 13 MPG

2004 Silverado 2500 Duel Cab
By Going to the races on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent handling while towing. Excellent acceleration and power. Smooth ride and a good stock sound system. Smooth shifting. Great towing features just hook and go.

Sweet Ride
By darrick on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love it...you sit above most and the power of this machine really hits the spot.

Great buy
By cueq33 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Powerful and Classy. It could use better fuel mileage. It has everything a Tahoe could have but it has a bed. Worth getting the Lt package.

Love My Truck!!
By CallMeAce on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Silverado. I sold my 2002 extended cab 1500 silverado and bought this truck brand new in october. I love this truck. The ride is noticibly harsher then the half ton was but it really isnt that bad. The fuel mileage however is considerbly worse then my old one was. I used to be able to make over 400 miles on a tank on the highway while towing with my old truck (5.3 vortec) but this one doesnt wanna go much over 300 miles on a tank (hwy!!). The crew cab is great and my passengers all say that the back seat is great. Much better build quality too then my previous truck.

Best ever
By pharr on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had the truck for 6 months, 4,000 miles. Greatly impressed with my first GM product. Build quality and performance better than my old Ford Expi. Fully loaded, love the leather seats, and the sat. radio. Can't ask for more, other than better gas mileage. Not one single complaint.

Solid truck
By paulandsara on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the truck for three months and it has served me well. I like the styling and the ride. Optional larger tires would have been nice. The crew cab is very roomy and nice to have on longer trips. Milage seems to drop off a lot a higher speeds (60+ MPH).