2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Review: '04 Chevy Crew Cab with Quadra

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - Consumer Review

'04 Chevy Crew Cab with Quadrasteer
By tschertz on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. It rides nice and has the power to pull. It is actually our family car. This truck is our answer to the Minivan. 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Plenty of room. The wife and the kids drive it more then me. The interior is great, and has more features then most new luxury cars today. My wife loves the fact that it has quadrasteer. She can park this 20' truck in spots tighter than most cars. It has a tighter turning radius than our S10 Blazer. The quadrasteer also give me great stability when towing a trailer. However, with the quadrasteer you can only get the 4.10 gear ratio, and that means low fuel economy. I wish they had the quadrasteer with a 3.73.

Interior is very nice, Quiet, comfortable. Quadrasteer is awesome! Memory seats. Smooth ride, great on long trips.

Different gear ratio when you get a quadrasteer axle. Needs 3.73. Auto dimming mirrors don't work well when topper is on. Power steering pump whine, has been replaced twice (under warranty, next one will be aftermarket pump). OnStar stinks. Never pay for it.