2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:
Great truck
By joan on 06/19/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when it was new with only 12 miles on it. I love it except for the mpg. It's never, highway or city, gotten over 15 mpg. All the electronic problems we had were taken care of with the factory paying because they new of the defects. Tires for it are expensive but i guess they would be for any truck this size. Overall it's a great truck!

Like a rock
By Joe Harper on 11/12/09 19:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck two years ago. This is a fun, powerful, mean, attention grabbing truck. It is not quick or nimble but has incredible highway manners. The 6.0 engine is sublime on cruise at 80 mph and at idle. Only had two problems in that time, the instrument cluster (replaced by the dealer under a recall) and a steering wheel shaft bearing. After thinking I was hearing a knock in the engine, I read about using 89 octane and the knocking stopped and I got 10% better mileage. The stock tires were 245/65/16 or about 29 inches, they're just too puny for this truck. 265/75/16 is pretty standard on these, and Load Range E is a must, I see 15-16 mpg highway. Do yourself a favor, get a Chevy.

2004 crew cab Silverado 2500 2wd
By chevy man on 12/18/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Never short on power. Put a kn intake on it and power and acceleration has improved even more. Me and my wifes daily driver have had problems with electronics and radio luckily covered under warranty. Despite problems though me and my wife still love this truck, however I have not ever seen this truck get over 15 mpg city or hwy. I want to know what you guys getting 17 are doing. Overall great dependable and more than able truck. I would put it against Ford, Dodge, or Toyota any day

A Crew Cab for Work and Play
By BigChevy4dr on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is so much room with this crew cab. Looked at every true 4 door truck on the market and this one is tops in power, towing, comfort, resale, etc. The rear seat is both deeper and more comfortable than those in the Ford, Dodge, and Nissan (didn't even bother to look at Toyota with its smaller motor). The interior is not luxurious, but that's not why I bought the truck. Its very well put together and has acres of room for the low sticker price. Big Chevy rebates also helped me get the dealer to take $8300 off of list price. Not a single regret on this truck except that I didn't get one sooner.

the best truck for family man
By STILLEY,RAY on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS TRUCK,I CHOSE IT OVER A CORVETTE.IT IS SO CONVIENIENT AND PRACTICLE,I WISH THE FUEL MILAGE WAS BETTER IN CITY,AROUND 13 MPG

2004 Silverado 2500 Duel Cab
By Going to the races on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent handling while towing. Excellent acceleration and power. Smooth ride and a good stock sound system. Smooth shifting. Great towing features just hook and go.