2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:
A Working/Playing Man's Truck!
By johnterry on 02/19/11 11:14 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used with 115,000 miles on it for a bargin price at the GM dealer. Wow! Nice! I've owned many of work trucks but this one is the beast of beasts. 15 city & highway, pulling or empty is consistant. Power going up hills equal to running on level ground.Expensive to maintain, yes, but, a small price in comparision with total reliability. Bounced between Ford & GM, but now, I'm totally sold on GM. I've never owned a new truck, it's the used ones that really prove themselves...LME-DJ tested!

Great truck
By joan on 06/19/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when it was new with only 12 miles on it. I love it except for the mpg. It's never, highway or city, gotten over 15 mpg. All the electronic problems we had were taken care of with the factory paying because they new of the defects. Tires for it are expensive but i guess they would be for any truck this size. Overall it's a great truck!

time to buy a real truck not a silverado
By cjk on 01/07/10 15:58 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was at first a good truck at 67,000 miles when the transmission went out on me the dealer told me I need a new transmission this is not good for gm I just go back and forth to work. No towing no plowing so gm said they will not help do. Don't buy gm trucks

Like a rock
By Joe Harper on 11/12/09 19:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck two years ago. This is a fun, powerful, mean, attention grabbing truck. It is not quick or nimble but has incredible highway manners. The 6.0 engine is sublime on cruise at 80 mph and at idle. Only had two problems in that time, the instrument cluster (replaced by the dealer under a recall) and a steering wheel shaft bearing. After thinking I was hearing a knock in the engine, I read about using 89 octane and the knocking stopped and I got 10% better mileage. The stock tires were 245/65/16 or about 29 inches, they're just too puny for this truck. 265/75/16 is pretty standard on these, and Load Range E is a must, I see 15-16 mpg highway. Do yourself a favor, get a Chevy.

Silverado Duramax 2500
By silverado power on 01/08/09 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i have my Silverado with the Duramax engine for three years and not once has it broken down. We pull 13 000lbs and it's a beast.

2004 crew cab Silverado 2500 2wd
By chevy man on 12/18/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Never short on power. Put a kn intake on it and power and acceleration has improved even more. Me and my wifes daily driver have had problems with electronics and radio luckily covered under warranty. Despite problems though me and my wife still love this truck, however I have not ever seen this truck get over 15 mpg city or hwy. I want to know what you guys getting 17 are doing. Overall great dependable and more than able truck. I would put it against Ford, Dodge, or Toyota any day

Great truck
By lbsorensen on 05/15/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck 2 years ago. My husband is in construction and needed a work truck, but we also needed something that suit the family with 3 teens. Love this truck, lots of room, lots of power.

Awesome truck
By cph 360 on 04/12/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many trucks and all I can say is my 1988 2500 2wd 5.7 regular cab has 248,000 miles and still performs like new. I purchased 2004 2500 4wd crew cab 6.0 v8 last month and all I can say is this truck is truly superior too all other trucks. Ride looks handling and most of all performance. The power is unbelievable and gas mileage is 14 mpg around town and 17.8 on the highway, what more can I say great job gm. Ford, Dodge, Toyota step aside, I"m a GM man for ever.

Good truck but problems
By mars on 03/31/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been good. But 5 injectors and drivers seat adjust mech (under warranty, but still truck is down) instrument panel cluster is a joke. Whole companies are devoted to rebuilding IPC on all makes. So once again truck is down while you get to pay $500 for a rebuilt defective IPC. (GM has announced they will pay for this but we have seen no money). OnStar was good for unlocking doors and diagnosing ground faults on several glow plugs. Once the "free" runs out it is easier to hide an extra key. OS's peace of mind comes at a cost. If you can afford an expensive truck then be prepared for expensive upkeep. It is a good and powerful work truck

'04 Chevy Crew Cab with Quadrasteer
By tschertz on 09/22/06 06:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. It rides nice and has the power to pull. It is actually our family car. This truck is our answer to the Minivan. 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Plenty of room. The wife and the kids drive it more then me. The interior is great, and has more features then most new luxury cars today. My wife loves the fact that it has quadrasteer. She can park this 20' truck in spots tighter than most cars. It has a tighter turning radius than our S10 Blazer. The quadrasteer also give me great stability when towing a trailer. However, with the quadrasteer you can only get the 4.10 gear ratio, and that means low fuel economy. I wish they had the quadrasteer with a 3.73.