Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

Great truck
By joan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when it was new with only 12 miles on it. I love it except for the mpg. It's never, highway or city, gotten over 15 mpg. All the electronic problems we had were taken care of with the factory paying because they new of the defects. Tires for it are expensive but i guess they would be for any truck this size. Overall it's a great truck!

Favorite Features

The interior is really roomy and comfortable

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

Like a rock
By Joe Harper

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck two years ago. This is a fun, powerful, mean, attention grabbing truck. It is not quick or nimble but has incredible highway manners. The 6.0 engine is sublime on cruise at 80 mph and at idle. Only had two problems in that time, the instrument cluster (replaced by the dealer under a recall) and a steering wheel shaft bearing. After thinking I was hearing a knock in the engine, I read about using 89 octane and the knocking stopped and I got 10% better mileage. The stock tires were 245/65/16 or about 29 inches, they're just too puny for this truck. 265/75/16 is pretty standard on these, and Load Range E is a must, I see 15-16 mpg highway. Do yourself a favor, get a Chevy.

Favorite Features

Engine is sublime, power, cruising, towing capacity = Detroit Muscle. Large bed (6.5') Stock 2" lift block on rear leafs. Stock wheels are easy cleaning. His and her thermostats. Spacious interior. Large side mirrors. Torsion bar suspension makes it easy to get a little lift and a 33" tire up front.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint quality control, mine's black and has awful orange peel all over it. Plastic fender flares and bumpers fade too quick and it's hard to get wax off of them. Large vertical surface on front of hood collects bugs - a bug guard is a must. After market radio -- can't find the switch wire.

2004 crew cab Silverado 2500 2wd
By chevy man

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Never short on power. Put a kn intake on it and power and acceleration has improved even more. Me and my wifes daily driver have had problems with electronics and radio luckily covered under warranty. Despite problems though me and my wife still love this truck, however I have not ever seen this truck get over 15 mpg city or hwy. I want to know what you guys getting 17 are doing. Overall great dependable and more than able truck. I would put it against Ford, Dodge, or Toyota any day

Favorite Features

Power in the engine and comfort in the cab

Suggested Improvements

Chevy has always had a questionable reputation when it comes to there electronics. I would suggest looking into improving them or making them more durable to last longer

A Crew Cab for Work and Play
By BigChevy4dr

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is so much room with this crew cab. Looked at every true 4 door truck on the market and this one is tops in power, towing, comfort, resale, etc. The rear seat is both deeper and more comfortable than those in the Ford, Dodge, and Nissan (didn't even bother to look at Toyota with its smaller motor). The interior is not luxurious, but that's not why I bought the truck. Its very well put together and has acres of room for the low sticker price. Big Chevy rebates also helped me get the dealer to take $8300 off of list price. Not a single regret on this truck except that I didn't get one sooner.

Favorite Features

The XM radio is cool at first, but not worth $10 per month. This truck tows like a champ and rides better when fully loaded with gear and a trailer. All 3 of my kids fit in the back with no complaints. The 4 doors make kid duty much more livable.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else, I wish this truck got better mileage, but it's a 6.0 liter with 300 hp so I can't complain too much. Steering is pretty sensitive at highway speeds, especially in high winds. Otherwise everything else is great and I wouldn't change a thing!

the best truck for family man
By STILLEY,RAY

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS TRUCK,I CHOSE IT OVER A CORVETTE.IT IS SO CONVIENIENT AND PRACTICLE,I WISH THE FUEL MILAGE WAS BETTER IN CITY,AROUND 13 MPG

Favorite Features

4 DRS,ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE FOR WHOLE FAMILY,TRUCK HAS SUPPERIER POWER W/ 6.0 AND 93 OCTANE

Suggested Improvements

BETTER M P G.