Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

A Working/Playing Man's Truck!
By johnterry

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used with 115,000 miles on it for a bargin price at the GM dealer. Wow! Nice! I've owned many of work trucks but this one is the beast of beasts. 15 city & highway, pulling or empty is consistant. Power going up hills equal to running on level ground.Expensive to maintain, yes, but, a small price in comparision with total reliability. Bounced between Ford & GM, but now, I'm totally sold on GM. I've never owned a new truck, it's the used ones that really prove themselves...LME-DJ tested!

I haven't found anything I don't like about this truck.

Backing sensor would be sweet.

Great truck
By joan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when it was new with only 12 miles on it. I love it except for the mpg. It's never, highway or city, gotten over 15 mpg. All the electronic problems we had were taken care of with the factory paying because they new of the defects. Tires for it are expensive but i guess they would be for any truck this size. Overall it's a great truck!

The interior is really roomy and comfortable

gas mileage

217,000 miles and never stopped
By d3mon31

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

i bought my 2004 chevy 2500hd 2dr 2wd longbed regular cab from my stepdad and its been great. He bought it brand new for quite a bit of money and sold it to me because he wanted a new truck for the farm. it has 217,000 miles and has never had to have it in the shop. the biggest thing i've had to do with it is put new tires on it. Its very reliable. I love this truck to death. I hate the gas mileage, but i have way more power than any other 3/4 ton truck i know. i wish it was a duramax but hey, im not complaining. it holds its value very well, and looks great. the tranny and engine aren't showing any signs of quitting so im good. i suggest this truck for anyone pulling a trailer or camper.

i love the 6.0 engine, auto lights, power windows, bright lights, truck height, and the reliability. i can ALWAYS trust my chevy.

i would really like to see them make it easier to hook to the battery. they put the battery in a very awkward position. also would like the truck to have better fuel economy.

just ok
By robert

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

from day 1 chevy denied the steering bang/knocking in the steering box nothing to worry about. at 86900 miles Driver side exhaust manifold bolts broke off in head. I'm having oil pressure problems(25 psi), metal shaving on the oil drain plug, clogged oil filter. Idling a bit rough. low lifter noise. side door trim continues to turn yellow so I painted them all black. Stereo cd broke after 1 year.

plenty of power and load capability, good looking truck.

put the oil pump back where it use to be, and fairly easy to replace and not have to remove the entire front of the engine to get to the oil pump, bad design especially when they go out at 86900 miles.I don't know why the exhaust manifold bolts broke off in the head,only 2 out of 6, front and rear.

time to buy a real truck not a silverado
By cjk

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was at first a good truck at 67,000 miles when the transmission went out on me the dealer told me I need a new transmission this is not good for gm I just go back and forth to work. No towing no plowing so gm said they will not help do. Don't buy gm trucks

NONE

Rethink how to satisfy your customers