Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

Lots of power
By Tony

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I haul firewood in the winter time. I load the bed to capacity and a little beyond. The truck hauls it with little to no effort. Tons of power! I put BF Goodrich mud terrain tires for when I have to get off road to reach where I am cutting at. Effortlessly goes thru mud, off road conditions. Interior is spacious and comfortable. Very easy to clean and maintain. I have had no mechanical problems with this truck at all in over 3 years or ownership. Extremely solidly built. I see Dodge and Fords both in the shop. Not so with Chevy trucks!

Engine power and torque. Carrying capacity. Reliability.

More ground clearance. I had to adjust the torsion bars to get rid of the front end sag. It looked terrible. Truck now looks level without a lift kit. Larger tires for off road capability.

Great truck
By Brad Singleteary

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used from a man in Sanger, Texas. It was everything I thought it would be. Great performance. It will pull anything you want. I used to buy and sell trucks a lot until I found this one. Nothing but good things to say about it.

The pulling capability that it has, and the body style is the best one yet.

None

Generally happy with the Silverado
By soulignymk

I love the performance of this truck and it's a pleasure driving on long trips. It pulls my 37' Carriage 5th wheel effortlessly and still gets 14 mpg while towing.

Nice, smooth driving, crew cab seats are very comfortable with arm rests on both seats.

A passenger seat that lays completely down, not just 1/4 way back. Exterior side trim looks horrible. Paint is worn off and yellow. Chevrolet should have recalled these trucks and corrected the problem. All of the trucks that I've seen on the road, over 3 years old, have the same problem!

Good Truck
By EveryMn

Performs reliably under all conditions. Not one problem in 4 years. Gets decent fuel economy for a truck this size. Lots of interior room. Good power.

The motor. Spacious interior. Spacious bed

Better interior fit and finish

badd truck
By Rennat Noslo

I think that it is an awesome truck

the power