Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado-2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

Best vehicle I ever owned
By happy owner

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have never owned a better vehicle. It has 300,000 miles now and runs like a champ. The only thing done to this vehicle was change the brake pads at 225,000 for the first time, water pump at 285,000 shocks at 250,000 and spark plugs every 100,000 I have never even aligned this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Power, fun to drive, comfort, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

Hands Down, Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Mark Ashlock

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. My first Chevy truck since '64 . My wife has a Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't trade my truck for two of hers. Great power, fantastic brakes, outstanding visibility. Best back seat of any make in 2000. Actually is tilted like a regular seat. 148,000 miles, been in the shop twice for minor concerns, doesnt use any oil, and still on original brakes. Average 13-14 mpg (16 hwy), which isn't bad for 300 HP and 365 FPS of torque. Pull a 4 horse goose neck, no problem, although it does better with 3 horses. My only mistake was only buying one. Should have bought two and put one up on blocks in storage!

Favorite Features

Dependability, power, brakes, visibility, handling, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been great to have a retractable drink holder that was only useful for that purpose. I always seem to have my permanent holders full, with no room for the occasional pop. It's one feature I do like about my wife's Sequoia.