Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

Starts, runs, drives and stops.
By jet62095

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love this truck. I got it age 15 for a first truck. The trans (4L80E) went at 142,993 miles, when it lost reverse. Very comfortable truck, I do notice when I go over bumps, the bed seems to move seperate from the cab. The interior design is pretty good, though the middle seat does not fold down for an arm rest, and the rear seats are locking, which can be a pain.

Shift on the fly 4x4, premium radio, comfortable steering

Toy Hauler
By Jimmies00

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck with only 17,132 miles on it it now sits a little over 38k miles. Had one minor thing a 02 sensor went out. I have used this truck for a truck and hauled a couple loads of 38k lbs. Plenty of power! Blew up my drive shaft Pulling it once too. All love the truck love it even more with the new Bully dog triple dog GT! 15 MPG running empty..

Heated leather bucket seats and heated power telescopic mirrors!

6 disk changer.. Better fog lights!

The underestimated truck
By GrahamMcFarland

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This truck is the best we have ever owned. On a good day I get close to 18 mpg and its all stock. The truck is built very well and have had only had little problems with it. We use it to plow and is great at it. The take off it very fast with the 6.0L aluminum light big block. The off road ability is very nice because it sits nice and high.

Acceleration, towing power, control, reliability, 4WD auto

Positraction all the way around

Best vehicle I ever owned
By happy owner

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have never owned a better vehicle. It has 300,000 miles now and runs like a champ. The only thing done to this vehicle was change the brake pads at 225,000 for the first time, water pump at 285,000 shocks at 250,000 and spark plugs every 100,000 I have never even aligned this vehicle!

Power, fun to drive, comfort, reliability

None

Hands Down, Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Mark Ashlock

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Extended Cab HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. My first Chevy truck since '64 . My wife has a Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't trade my truck for two of hers. Great power, fantastic brakes, outstanding visibility. Best back seat of any make in 2000. Actually is tilted like a regular seat. 148,000 miles, been in the shop twice for minor concerns, doesnt use any oil, and still on original brakes. Average 13-14 mpg (16 hwy), which isn't bad for 300 HP and 365 FPS of torque. Pull a 4 horse goose neck, no problem, although it does better with 3 horses. My only mistake was only buying one. Should have bought two and put one up on blocks in storage!

Dependability, power, brakes, visibility, handling, looks.

Would have been great to have a retractable drink holder that was only useful for that purpose. I always seem to have my permanent holders full, with no room for the occasional pop. It's one feature I do like about my wife's Sequoia.