Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

love this truck
By Jay

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new and for the first 125000 miles I didn't do a thing to it except replace a cracked exhaust manifold (at 650000) and change the oil. I have 155000 on it now and in the last six months I have pretty much given it a complete overhaul. Everything broke at once. Granted I'm not the best with maintenance and it all just caught up with me. Now with a complete new brake system, alternator, starter, the other manifold,and a tune up, I hope to get at least another 100000 miles out of it. The biggest complaint is the ABS. Even after the recall they still don't work right. Quick fix is to pull the fuse. I hope for a few more years out of it and would definitely buy another Chevy.

Auto 4x4 button is great for plowing when driving with the plow up so you don't spin your tires pulling out of intersections. Tows my construction trailer or another car like it's not even there. Just remember if you need a silverado 2500 you have more important things to worry about then gas cost

Cup holder was a horrible design, they changed this in the 01 model... How stupid can you be to lay the brake lines right on top of the frame, of course they are going to rot out there first... Why would you run the transmission lines right in the way of the starter bolts? Common sense people!