Used 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Silverado-2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

Starts, runs, drives and stops.
By jet62095

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love this truck. I got it age 15 for a first truck. The trans (4L80E) went at 142,993 miles, when it lost reverse. Very comfortable truck, I do notice when I go over bumps, the bed seems to move seperate from the cab. The interior design is pretty good, though the middle seat does not fold down for an arm rest, and the rear seats are locking, which can be a pain.

Favorite Features

Shift on the fly 4x4, premium radio, comfortable steering

Toy Hauler
By Jimmies00

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck with only 17,132 miles on it it now sits a little over 38k miles. Had one minor thing a 02 sensor went out. I have used this truck for a truck and hauled a couple loads of 38k lbs. Plenty of power! Blew up my drive shaft Pulling it once too. All love the truck love it even more with the new Bully dog triple dog GT! 15 MPG running empty..

Favorite Features

Heated leather bucket seats and heated power telescopic mirrors!

Suggested Improvements

6 disk changer.. Better fog lights!

love this truck
By Jay

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new and for the first 125000 miles I didn't do a thing to it except replace a cracked exhaust manifold (at 650000) and change the oil. I have 155000 on it now and in the last six months I have pretty much given it a complete overhaul. Everything broke at once. Granted I'm not the best with maintenance and it all just caught up with me. Now with a complete new brake system, alternator, starter, the other manifold,and a tune up, I hope to get at least another 100000 miles out of it. The biggest complaint is the ABS. Even after the recall they still don't work right. Quick fix is to pull the fuse. I hope for a few more years out of it and would definitely buy another Chevy.

Favorite Features

Auto 4x4 button is great for plowing when driving with the plow up so you don't spin your tires pulling out of intersections. Tows my construction trailer or another car like it's not even there. Just remember if you need a silverado 2500 you have more important things to worry about then gas cost

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder was a horrible design, they changed this in the 01 model... How stupid can you be to lay the brake lines right on top of the frame, of course they are going to rot out there first... Why would you run the transmission lines right in the way of the starter bolts? Common sense people!

The underestimated truck
By GrahamMcFarland

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This truck is the best we have ever owned. On a good day I get close to 18 mpg and its all stock. The truck is built very well and have had only had little problems with it. We use it to plow and is great at it. The take off it very fast with the 6.0L aluminum light big block. The off road ability is very nice because it sits nice and high.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, towing power, control, reliability, 4WD auto

Suggested Improvements

Positraction all the way around

Best vehicle I ever owned
By happy owner

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have never owned a better vehicle. It has 300,000 miles now and runs like a champ. The only thing done to this vehicle was change the brake pads at 225,000 for the first time, water pump at 285,000 shocks at 250,000 and spark plugs every 100,000 I have never even aligned this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Power, fun to drive, comfort, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None