2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:
Starts, runs, drives and stops.
By jet62095 on 03/15/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love this truck. I got it age 15 for a first truck. The trans (4L80E) went at 142,993 miles, when it lost reverse. Very comfortable truck, I do notice when I go over bumps, the bed seems to move seperate from the cab. The interior design is pretty good, though the middle seat does not fold down for an arm rest, and the rear seats are locking, which can be a pain.

Toy Hauler
By Jimmies00 on 12/02/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck with only 17,132 miles on it it now sits a little over 38k miles. Had one minor thing a 02 sensor went out. I have used this truck for a truck and hauled a couple loads of 38k lbs. Plenty of power! Blew up my drive shaft Pulling it once too. All love the truck love it even more with the new Bully dog triple dog GT! 15 MPG running empty..

love this truck
By Jay on 03/07/09 22:41 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new and for the first 125000 miles I didn't do a thing to it except replace a cracked exhaust manifold (at 650000) and change the oil. I have 155000 on it now and in the last six months I have pretty much given it a complete overhaul. Everything broke at once. Granted I'm not the best with maintenance and it all just caught up with me. Now with a complete new brake system, alternator, starter, the other manifold,and a tune up, I hope to get at least another 100000 miles out of it. The biggest complaint is the ABS. Even after the recall they still don't work right. Quick fix is to pull the fuse. I hope for a few more years out of it and would definitely buy another Chevy.

The underestimated truck
By GrahamMcFarland on 01/30/09 12:40 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This truck is the best we have ever owned. On a good day I get close to 18 mpg and its all stock. The truck is built very well and have had only had little problems with it. We use it to plow and is great at it. The take off it very fast with the 6.0L aluminum light big block. The off road ability is very nice because it sits nice and high.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By happy owner on 01/08/09 15:02 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

I have never owned a better vehicle. It has 300,000 miles now and runs like a champ. The only thing done to this vehicle was change the brake pads at 225,000 for the first time, water pump at 285,000 shocks at 250,000 and spark plugs every 100,000 I have never even aligned this vehicle!

Hands Down, Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Mark Ashlock on 04/25/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab LB

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. My first Chevy truck since '64 . My wife has a Toyota Sequoia, and I wouldn't trade my truck for two of hers. Great power, fantastic brakes, outstanding visibility. Best back seat of any make in 2000. Actually is tilted like a regular seat. 148,000 miles, been in the shop twice for minor concerns, doesnt use any oil, and still on original brakes. Average 13-14 mpg (16 hwy), which isn't bad for 300 HP and 365 FPS of torque. Pull a 4 horse goose neck, no problem, although it does better with 3 horses. My only mistake was only buying one. Should have bought two and put one up on blocks in storage!

I love my truck
By kestor on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the performance and the capabilities of my truck. I have hauled a yard of damp sand and gravel mix, with 8-94# bags of cement in my bed and I have had no problems. The suspension is incredible, and the brakes are awesome!

Dependable and Comfortable Hauler
By krrt on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck used with 35K miles; it now has 66K miles. It is the heavy-duty version of the 2500 that was replaced by the 2500HD in 2001. This truck has been entirely dependable with no major mechanical problems. The 6.0L engine is smooth with plenty of power. No oil needs to be added between changes. The ride is quiet and comfortable (for a big truck), loaded and unloaded. The auto four-wheel drive option, which allows the transfer case to slip, is great for slick pavement. I have been very satisfied, and expect to keep this truck to 100K miles or more.

What a ride....
By wyandot on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Over four years now & 238,000 miles. I couldn't ask for a more reliable truck. Fuel pump, water pump, & the alternator were the only things needing replaced. Pretty good for that many miles! Comfortable, powerful, & it does everything I ask it to do. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Have always owned Chevy
By tuftrks on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Gas milage is bad no matter what we have tried to do. Computer chip, air intake, dual exhaust, doesnt make a difference. Still only get 13 miles a gal. 8 miles a gal towing. Should have bought the 454 it gets same mileage and has more power.