Love the truck but not the fuel mileage
By Luvmytruck on
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I am a line driver for a local trucking company and when I get back to the yard I can't wait to get in my 2006 Chevy 2500HD. It is very comfortable to drive and has an abundance of power. It feels extremely stable on the road, its a dream to drive even compared to my wifes 2003 Tahoe. The one and only gripe I have with the truck is the fuel mileage, even though it sits at the yard most of the week it seems like all I do is put gas in that bottomless tank. I understand that you have to have a give and take for the power available but somewhere between 9 and 10 MPG is a little extreme. Bottom line I love my truck and will just bite the bullet and deal with the fuel issues.
Favorite Features
The looks I get when driving. I really like the body lines, the enterior is VERY comfortable. Overall it's great!!
Suggested Improvements
The fuel mileage, the factory installed tires leave something to be desired in the area of traction (I put on different tires right away). One other thing do away with the plastic center caps on the wheels, they will get to the point where they won't stay on.