2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Review: It takes a kicking and......

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Review

LS Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

It takes a kicking and......
By Mike on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

All around it's been a pretty awesome vehicle. I don't baby it at all. I tow an 11,000 lb. travel trailer regularly, I've used 4 wheel drive over 400 hundred continuous miles of ice, I've chained up through snow up to the bumpers, I've climbed into the mountains on some pretty steep and rocky terrain. I've had the steering column repaired twice, one rear seatbelt buckle and a nut fell out from under the dashboard. Haven't figured out where that came from yet. Gas mileage is usually around 12, but then I'm using it like a truck. If I wanted mileage I'd have bought a Honda and stayed on the highways.

Stable as a rock on ice, snow and while towing a trailer. Four wheel drive in combination with a locking rear differential is almost unstoppable. Bose speakers are great.

Toughen up on the interior plastic trim around the seats. Not sure what the issue with the steering shaft is but it seems to be consistent throughout this series.