Rolled 100K
By Willay on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
This is the best truck I have ever owned. It has tons of power and as a farmer I like that it has the HD frame, engine and tranny. It rides comfortably when loaded down with haybales, has plenty of power to tow my 20 stock trailer and plenty of power to pull 26,000lb anhydrous ammonia tanks. It has been the most reliable truck I have driven as well, every time I twist the key it has fired right up and is ready to go to work. It has plenty of room inside for my family, tools, hound dog and me. This is a truck that is actually built to be used as a truck.
Favorite Features
Craftmanship, quality, quiet cab, horsepower, HD frame, engine and transmission. GM built a great truck for hard work and a quiet ride down the road. The ride is much nicer than the 2500HD when unloaded, but still has plenty of capacity.
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel economy would be nice but if there is a tradeoff of fuel economy to horsepower, I will always choose horsepower. After all, you shouldn't really be buying a truck if you're planning to just use it as a grocery getter.