2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Review: Love my truck in Louisana

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Review

Love my truck in Louisana
By james chenault on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this truck very much. I pull a 21 ft deck boat with it and it has no problem even in the hills of Arkansas. Chevy needs to come up with a new int. design but it is still nice and confortable, even on long trips. I wish it got better gas mileage, (12-13 in town and 15-16 on the road.) the best was 17mpg. Pulling our boat, 9-10mpg. Keep the rpms down and it will do better, but it has to be babied to do so. As much as I love it I am thinking about selling it only because of the gas prices. If you have the money for gas, and want a super truck, then this truck is for you.

I have several, dual climate control, Bose stero system, leather seats, pulling power, looks.

Develop the transmission so you the driver can pick pulling power or less power to help out on getting the rpms down. If Chevy can make a Vette with 400 hp and get 18-20 in town and 28-29 on the road plus run 150mph, then they should be able to do something with the truck.