I love my Silverado 1500HD
By Diana on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I saw this vehicle in a car & driver magazine the year it came out and decided that was going to be my truck. It was two years later before I was able to buy one. I test drove two other trucks before I showed this to my husband. He knew I was in love with it before I showed it to him. I love this truck. It drives like a 1/2 ton but has the power of a 3/4 ton. With the 6.0 engine and the 410 rear end I can pull my 16 foot stock trailer with all four horses in it like it's not even back there. When we go get hay. I can drive the trailer right out to the hay field and load it with 70-80 bales and get home with no problem. Ny husbands 4X4 Chevy 1/2 ton can't carry that much. It's a great truck.
Favorite Features
muscle and ride...that's what this truck is all about. I won't trade it in unless I can get another one.
Suggested Improvements
I didn't realize that they made this truck any other year than 2003. I wish they made them available every year. I put a 5th wheel in the bed of mine. I would have liked a "hide away" but it would not fit.