2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Boo- Heah
By fatbabies on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This 1/2 ton will compete with any 3/4 ton or 2500 truck on the market. Powerful, easy to drive, fits 6, QUITE! Chevy 1500 HD blows away any other 1500.

Great 4 x 4
By yp on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. I traded in my 2002 Z71. The power in this truck is incredible. However, the gas mileage is not impressive. I put a Magnaflow Catback exhaust to increase gas mileage and it did not work although I did get 20 more horses. I am going to put a K & N filter. I heard that improves the gas mileage. So far I love the truck!

ONLY IN AMERICA
By MR.FRANCIS on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I JUST PUURCHASE THIS TRUCK IN JULY. I FIND IT HANDLES EVERY CONDITION SOFAR WITH NO PROBLEMS. I'M NOT SURE WHY GM DIDN'T PUT DUAL MUFFLERS ONTHIS 1500HD BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAS DUAL CALYALETIC CONVERTS.CHANGE THE EXAUST SYTEM TO TRUE DUALS SHOULD IINHECE THE POWER OR FUEL MILEAGE ! SO FAR I'VE ENJOYED THE POWER AND COMFORT FORD AND DODGE CAN'T COMPETE WITH INTERIOR SPACE AND CARGO BED OF THIS 1500HD. MY LAST TRUCK HAD 11 MILES SHY OF 262000 ON A 1992 SUPERCAB FORD. I HOPE THIS TRUCK DOES THE SAME !!!!

QS OK
By New Chevy Man on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

So far I really like this truck. The Quadrasteer has really worked well and have experienced no problems. It is fun to ace-out folks for tight parking spots and whip a U turn on a dime. I was very concerned buying a year 1 feature, but my experience has be very positive so far. The Crew Cab is very roomy. Why would anyone ever buy an SUV when you can get a truck like this. I am very pleased.

Very Nice
By Paco on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Really enjoy the truck. Very comfortable and EXTREMELY functional. Crew cab is great, can haul a group of people to lunch. Bed size is good and carry materials to build house.

best truck on earth
By awesome chevy man on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this truck is so much better then fords... i have had it for a wile now no noises .. only the best riding truck in the world. some times i restart the engine thinking it isnt on its that smooth and power is instant.. and the ride isnt bouncy... funny how people say the caddy ride in the escalade is deville smooth.. well so is this truck.. same platform...

Looks good, but cheap parts
By Prate on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Cheap interior, good ride. This is overpriced.

2002 silverado 1500 HD
By Nightrider on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck, tons of power for pulling my boat and sleds. Rides better than my 1993 Explorer. 14 MPG hwy and around 10 -12 towing at 70+mph. Only complaint so for is chincey interior plastic parts falling off. The front door passenger side sliding door lock falls off constantly and a plastic piece on the side of the back seat keeps getting kicked off.

Love my HD
By Holyphil on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive, and has decent power for its size. The digital A/C control absolutely sucks in cold climates. I have had to pull cars and trucks out of ditches on snow and ice, put it in 4lo and it just pulls for days with no traction loss.

One problem, but overall Excellent
By MJP on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I got my truck on Dec 2002. It has had only one problem, which the dealer said they've had problems before. The speed sensor went out and gave me a "Service 4x4" note on the odometer. For the most part I've used it for city driving, but I like to snow ski. On the ice and snow the auto 4x4 handles excellent. I've gone in 2 feet of snow and 2 feet of mud. I must say, shifting it to 4x4 LO makes the truck jump out of either mud or snow. Towing, I've not done much, but the main reason I got a 1500HD is to tow a possible boat in the future.