Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

03 1500 HD
By bad gas

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love the room that the truck has but...... interior plastic parts falling off though ( front door driver's side sliding door lock falls off constantly.) GAS mileage stinks!!!!! 15 mpg highway with tail gate down. I would not buy another one until GM improves gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The room in the cab

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE

Great Truck /lousy mileage
By don411157

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my "lil mule' as used vehicle w/25k miles, high for being only about a yr old, but couldn't pass on the deal! The truck looks, and runs great. The interior leather is well done and the layout of the dash, etc, couldn't be better. I love this truck! The only issue is with mileage. I get about 13 in town and 14.7 on highway, which is terrible. My 1978 C10 comes within 2-3 miles per gallon without the benefit of 25yrs of evolution! All told, I might buy it again, but with price of gas going up, I would think twice before buying the 6.0L engine.

Favorite Features

Lots of power. CD. Computerized dash display(tracks lots of info). Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage Mileage Mileage. Did I mention mileage? Auto temp control is flakey. When cooling, it gets confused with what air temp it should blow. It cycles between hot then cold, instead of blowing steady temp air.

Great Truck
By RAZ

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been such a great truck. I have the LS model with leather pkg, DVD, Bose sysytem, dual Climate, Str whl cntrls, and pwr seats. I put some 265 on it and rised up the front end via torsion bars and leveled out the truck. Looks great! The truck is really solid. My Wife drives a 02 Suburban and she loves driving my truck.

Favorite Features

Rides like a truck, built solid. DVD and Bose system is AWSOME! The kids love it. The crew cab is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Rise the front end. Its a truck, not a car. Back power window does not come up all the way. Gas mileage is about 12-14. Would like to see 16 if possible. Turning Radius is poor

drivin' around town
By amricharte

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy truck. I really enjoy this one the most! It feels massive, but not at all difficult to manage. I'm a 5'2" petite lady, and I feel safe in this truck.

Favorite Features

The favorite feature for me is the massive and comfortable interior space. I can easily drive 5-10 hours on road trips without tiring out and my family is just as comfortable

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the entry on the driver's side by providing a hand grip on the frame. The other 3 entries have hand grips.

huh
By Finns

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck but sucks gas I wish it would get better gas mileage. It also doesn't help cause I'm on the gas all the time. For how big the truck is it gets up and moves. rhrhrhrh

Favorite Features

300 HP

Suggested Improvements

If there's water on the roof and you rolled down the window. Water will drip all over the power window controls.