2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Love my truck in Louisana
By james chenault on 10/06/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this truck very much. I pull a 21 ft deck boat with it and it has no problem even in the hills of Arkansas. Chevy needs to come up with a new int. design but it is still nice and confortable, even on long trips. I wish it got better gas mileage, (12-13 in town and 15-16 on the road.) the best was 17mpg. Pulling our boat, 9-10mpg. Keep the rpms down and it will do better, but it has to be babied to do so. As much as I love it I am thinking about selling it only because of the gas prices. If you have the money for gas, and want a super truck, then this truck is for you.

4x4x4 love it!
By elwood on 02/14/05 12:17 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

WE use this crew cab to pull our 7000 lb.travel trailer. We only camp in wilderness campsites. The optional four wheel steering has made backing up a breeze. Haven't had a chance to use the four wheel drive yet.

My HD
By David on 01/15/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Although I don't do a lot of heavy hauling or towing, I needed the full crew cab. I love how "heavy duty" this HD is. It is absolutely built like a tank, and I have not had one problem with this vehicle. It is very comfortable, and very powerful. My 6 year old has made me promise to keep it for him, and I have no doubt that it will last plenty long enough. Great truck!!

35,000 and counting
By 5frankie3 on 01/11/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this 4x4 truck July 2003. Now have 35,000 miles and the Quadrasteer is great. The Quadrasteer feature is good enough to purchase again.

1500 HD
By Pat Briden on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

exceptional towing vehicle, good in snow and slippery conditions, vibration in exhaust system, doesn't like to run cold, once warm it run very well, manf. says to run the rear tires at 80psi but it is very hard and rough, run them at 55 and front at 50, while towing I run the rear at 75 and front at 50, towing switch is sometimes apion unless your towing on hills or steep grades, don't use the switch on normal towning, running with syntheics since 800 miles and it runs smoother

03 1500 HD
By bad gas on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love the room that the truck has but...... interior plastic parts falling off though ( front door driver's side sliding door lock falls off constantly.) GAS mileage stinks!!!!! 15 mpg highway with tail gate down. I would not buy another one until GM improves gas mileage.

Great Truck /lousy mileage
By don411157 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my "lil mule' as used vehicle w/25k miles, high for being only about a yr old, but couldn't pass on the deal! The truck looks, and runs great. The interior leather is well done and the layout of the dash, etc, couldn't be better. I love this truck! The only issue is with mileage. I get about 13 in town and 14.7 on highway, which is terrible. My 1978 C10 comes within 2-3 miles per gallon without the benefit of 25yrs of evolution! All told, I might buy it again, but with price of gas going up, I would think twice before buying the 6.0L engine.

Great Truck
By RAZ on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been such a great truck. I have the LS model with leather pkg, DVD, Bose sysytem, dual Climate, Str whl cntrls, and pwr seats. I put some 265 on it and rised up the front end via torsion bars and leveled out the truck. Looks great! The truck is really solid. My Wife drives a 02 Suburban and she loves driving my truck.

drivin' around town
By amricharte on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy truck. I really enjoy this one the most! It feels massive, but not at all difficult to manage. I'm a 5'2" petite lady, and I feel safe in this truck.

huh
By Finns on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck but sucks gas I wish it would get better gas mileage. It also doesn't help cause I'm on the gas all the time. For how big the truck is it gets up and moves. rhrhrhrh