Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

I love my Silverado 1500HD
By Diana

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I saw this vehicle in a car & driver magazine the year it came out and decided that was going to be my truck. It was two years later before I was able to buy one. I test drove two other trucks before I showed this to my husband. He knew I was in love with it before I showed it to him. I love this truck. It drives like a 1/2 ton but has the power of a 3/4 ton. With the 6.0 engine and the 410 rear end I can pull my 16 foot stock trailer with all four horses in it like it's not even back there. When we go get hay. I can drive the trailer right out to the hay field and load it with 70-80 bales and get home with no problem. Ny husbands 4X4 Chevy 1/2 ton can't carry that much. It's a great truck.

Favorite Features

muscle and ride...that's what this truck is all about. I won't trade it in unless I can get another one.

Suggested Improvements

I didn't realize that they made this truck any other year than 2003. I wish they made them available every year. I put a 5th wheel in the bed of mine. I would have liked a "hide away" but it would not fit.

My HD
By David

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Although I don't do a lot of heavy hauling or towing, I needed the full crew cab. I love how "heavy duty" this HD is. It is absolutely built like a tank, and I have not had one problem with this vehicle. It is very comfortable, and very powerful. My 6 year old has made me promise to keep it for him, and I have no doubt that it will last plenty long enough. Great truck!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, powerful engine, very comfortable and roomy. Will fit three car seats in back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Too much visual space between tires and body. GM should drop Torque Management to less noticable level.

this is a sweet machine
By Josh Houska

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle to drive to church andtoeat also is a work horse this beast never stops pulling it's the best out there I out pulled the new ford f-150 and the dodge hemi it was fun. it;s fun to work in the fields with it;s comfortible suspension settings and it gives you the accelaration when you need it

Favorite Features

my favorite features are the accelaration and the ride

Suggested Improvements

more toque on low end