Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

Amazing!
By special k

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 1500hd crew cab but I got t-boned and I needed a new truck, the 02 was the best truck I have ever had but when I found this 03 I was so happy! I think the 2002 was a little more comfortable but other than that everything is amazing! Took it out to South Dakota pheasant hunting and the 4wd got us through snow drifts that were over the hood! It's so much fun to drive, I think the front end reminds me to much of a car, but I'm gonna put a new hood on it so yeah. We also pull a 20 ft deep v ranger boat with it and it doesn't even know its back there, and my uncle pulled it with his Ford f250 and said he struggled so yeah, go Chevy!

the engine is amazing, the crew cab is nice for hauling around my buddies

if it could get better mpg it be nice, but ill gladly pay the price for the horses!

Good, reliable truck. Poor fuel economy
By Antonio

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very happy with this truck. It did everything I needed it to do. Had no problems towing anything, and very steady on the road. Felt very safe on the highway. Very reliable. Lots of room in front and back seats. The only issue with this truck was the fuel economy.

Reliability, comfort and power

Fuel economy

Rolled 100K
By Willay

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever owned. It has tons of power and as a farmer I like that it has the HD frame, engine and tranny. It rides comfortably when loaded down with haybales, has plenty of power to tow my 20 stock trailer and plenty of power to pull 26,000lb anhydrous ammonia tanks. It has been the most reliable truck I have driven as well, every time I twist the key it has fired right up and is ready to go to work. It has plenty of room inside for my family, tools, hound dog and me. This is a truck that is actually built to be used as a truck.

Craftmanship, quality, quiet cab, horsepower, HD frame, engine and transmission. GM built a great truck for hard work and a quiet ride down the road. The ride is much nicer than the 2500HD when unloaded, but still has plenty of capacity.

Better fuel economy would be nice but if there is a tradeoff of fuel economy to horsepower, I will always choose horsepower. After all, you shouldn't really be buying a truck if you're planning to just use it as a grocery getter.

Best truck ever
By William

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Greatest truck ever on long road trips. Very comfortable. Very easy to drive. Excellent reliability. With 93,000 plus miles the only malfunction was the right front hub assembly. Other than that, no problems AT ALL!! 4WD very dependable in 4 1/2 feet of snow in Wisconsin

Dependable.

Fuel economy

I love my Silverado 1500HD
By Diana

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I saw this vehicle in a car & driver magazine the year it came out and decided that was going to be my truck. It was two years later before I was able to buy one. I test drove two other trucks before I showed this to my husband. He knew I was in love with it before I showed it to him. I love this truck. It drives like a 1/2 ton but has the power of a 3/4 ton. With the 6.0 engine and the 410 rear end I can pull my 16 foot stock trailer with all four horses in it like it's not even back there. When we go get hay. I can drive the trailer right out to the hay field and load it with 70-80 bales and get home with no problem. Ny husbands 4X4 Chevy 1/2 ton can't carry that much. It's a great truck.

muscle and ride...that's what this truck is all about. I won't trade it in unless I can get another one.

I didn't realize that they made this truck any other year than 2003. I wish they made them available every year. I put a 5th wheel in the bed of mine. I would have liked a "hide away" but it would not fit.