2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Not a bad truck
By John Ellis on 02/06/08 20:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Has done what I wanted it to do. Not impressed with the cost of ownership due to electrical problems, poor gas mileage, hazard/signal flasher going bad, and the steering mechanism needing lubricated.

Love my truck in Louisana
By james chenault on 10/06/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this truck very much. I pull a 21 ft deck boat with it and it has no problem even in the hills of Arkansas. Chevy needs to come up with a new int. design but it is still nice and confortable, even on long trips. I wish it got better gas mileage, (12-13 in town and 15-16 on the road.) the best was 17mpg. Pulling our boat, 9-10mpg. Keep the rpms down and it will do better, but it has to be babied to do so. As much as I love it I am thinking about selling it only because of the gas prices. If you have the money for gas, and want a super truck, then this truck is for you.

Great Truck
By RAZ on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been such a great truck. I have the LS model with leather pkg, DVD, Bose sysytem, dual Climate, Str whl cntrls, and pwr seats. I put some 265 on it and rised up the front end via torsion bars and leveled out the truck. Looks great! The truck is really solid. My Wife drives a 02 Suburban and she loves driving my truck.

drivin' around town
By amricharte on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy truck. I really enjoy this one the most! It feels massive, but not at all difficult to manage. I'm a 5'2" petite lady, and I feel safe in this truck.

huh
By Finns on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice truck but sucks gas I wish it would get better gas mileage. It also doesn't help cause I'm on the gas all the time. For how big the truck is it gets up and moves. rhrhrhrh

chery silverado 1500hd
By Lisa Lau on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bumpy ride whith empty load.

ONLY IN AMERICA
By MR.FRANCIS on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I JUST PUURCHASE THIS TRUCK IN JULY. I FIND IT HANDLES EVERY CONDITION SOFAR WITH NO PROBLEMS. I'M NOT SURE WHY GM DIDN'T PUT DUAL MUFFLERS ONTHIS 1500HD BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAS DUAL CALYALETIC CONVERTS.CHANGE THE EXAUST SYTEM TO TRUE DUALS SHOULD IINHECE THE POWER OR FUEL MILEAGE ! SO FAR I'VE ENJOYED THE POWER AND COMFORT FORD AND DODGE CAN'T COMPETE WITH INTERIOR SPACE AND CARGO BED OF THIS 1500HD. MY LAST TRUCK HAD 11 MILES SHY OF 262000 ON A 1992 SUPERCAB FORD. I HOPE THIS TRUCK DOES THE SAME !!!!

Looks good, but cheap parts
By Prate on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Cheap interior, good ride. This is overpriced.