2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Amazing!
By special k on 06/01/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 1500hd crew cab but I got t-boned and I needed a new truck, the 02 was the best truck I have ever had but when I found this 03 I was so happy! I think the 2002 was a little more comfortable but other than that everything is amazing! Took it out to South Dakota pheasant hunting and the 4wd got us through snow drifts that were over the hood! It's so much fun to drive, I think the front end reminds me to much of a car, but I'm gonna put a new hood on it so yeah. We also pull a 20 ft deep v ranger boat with it and it doesn't even know its back there, and my uncle pulled it with his Ford f250 and said he struggled so yeah, go Chevy!

Good, reliable truck. Poor fuel economy
By Antonio on 02/09/10 21:11 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very happy with this truck. It did everything I needed it to do. Had no problems towing anything, and very steady on the road. Felt very safe on the highway. Very reliable. Lots of room in front and back seats. The only issue with this truck was the fuel economy.

Rolled 100K
By Willay on 01/12/10 06:21 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever owned. It has tons of power and as a farmer I like that it has the HD frame, engine and tranny. It rides comfortably when loaded down with haybales, has plenty of power to tow my 20 stock trailer and plenty of power to pull 26,000lb anhydrous ammonia tanks. It has been the most reliable truck I have driven as well, every time I twist the key it has fired right up and is ready to go to work. It has plenty of room inside for my family, tools, hound dog and me. This is a truck that is actually built to be used as a truck.

Best truck ever
By William on 09/19/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Greatest truck ever on long road trips. Very comfortable. Very easy to drive. Excellent reliability. With 93,000 plus miles the only malfunction was the right front hub assembly. Other than that, no problems AT ALL!! 4WD very dependable in 4 1/2 feet of snow in Wisconsin

I love my Silverado 1500HD
By Diana on 07/26/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I saw this vehicle in a car & driver magazine the year it came out and decided that was going to be my truck. It was two years later before I was able to buy one. I test drove two other trucks before I showed this to my husband. He knew I was in love with it before I showed it to him. I love this truck. It drives like a 1/2 ton but has the power of a 3/4 ton. With the 6.0 engine and the 410 rear end I can pull my 16 foot stock trailer with all four horses in it like it's not even back there. When we go get hay. I can drive the trailer right out to the hay field and load it with 70-80 bales and get home with no problem. Ny husbands 4X4 Chevy 1/2 ton can't carry that much. It's a great truck.

Work and Family
By Mavis on 07/16/09 15:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I needed a truck for plowing and occasional hauling. This truck is definitely not my daily driver due to it's poor fuel consumption. Speaking of which, I get typically 17mpg highway during summer (I have a green foot, so don't expect quite as much) which is decent IMO for a work truck. I still feel like they could do better. Interior is great despite it's plastic dash. Forgive it this though cause it is a work truck. But it definitely gives you luxury too: Decent stereo, comfy leather seats, pretty quiet on the HWY. Load up the back and it is almost as smooth as my wife's Escalade! IMO, engine should be SOHC. 300hp out of 6.0 is poor--6.0 HO in the Escalade is FANTASTIC!

junk truck
By Dave on 03/19/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Chev trucks since i was 16 and this truck is the biggest piece of junk i have ever had. The front and rear diff's had to be rebuilt twice 75,000 km between rebuilds. It can't keep the transfer case together for longer then 9 months with out stretching the chain. Both exhaust manifolds split making it horribly loud. The truck has 250,000km and is bagged out when guys with super duties are getting 500,000km out of there truck with no where near the repair bills I've had in half the Km's

Not a bad truck
By John Ellis on 02/06/08 20:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Has done what I wanted it to do. Not impressed with the cost of ownership due to electrical problems, poor gas mileage, hazard/signal flasher going bad, and the steering mechanism needing lubricated.

Best Truck on the Road
By Mike on 12/30/07 19:27 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck from my cousin early in 2007. It had 21,000 miles on it at the time, never towed anything and only had a golf bag put in the box. Since I have owned it I have used it as a work horse. I have had 3,000 pounds in the box and towed a 15,000 pound loaded dump trailer down the road passing fords and dodges all the way. This truck has the tightest steering in it of any vehicle on the road. it feels like it hugs the road. I havent had any problems with it to date.

Best yet!
By Buster Brown on 03/31/07 05:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several trucks from Chevy to Dodge.This truck so far is by far the best over all.The 6.0 is strong enough to pull my 7200 lb. camper with room to pass the other trucks having a hard time to stay the speed limt pulling much smaller campers.Of course you use the gas,but you have the power when you need it! If you're going to play you have to pay! Super truck!

1 2 3 4 5 next »