2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
dont buy one
By amesq2 on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

hello i bought one from a dealer in irvine california, at first i was real happy with my truck, then about 5000 miles my engine started to nock in the morning for a couple of minutes. know i have around 12000 miles and it is getting worse. took it back to the dealer and they tried to tell my that they didnt hear anything that wasnt normal, i almost lost it. i took the manager to my truck and mad him change my ivoice to say they cant fix it. he tried to tell me that all the trucks are having this problem and there will be a fix for it around aug.2002. luckly i live in california and we have a lemon law. im in the process to have the dealer buy back my truck.

1500 HD
By jim 87 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Most Leg room/space for a Four door Pickup,

review
By dapperdaniel on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

a good ride

Satisfied Bowtie Owner
By wyccheatham on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

6 months and 5K miles later no major c/o. Happy from day 1 (low/no pressure sales pitch) to now. Mine is loaded and is more comfortable, and has more features than my wife's Mercedes E-320 (no exaggeration). Definitely a "gentleman's" truck. Wouldn't get it to work on the farm (to many accessory features that would have the potential to break). But as far as towing ability (boat) and driveablility couldn't imagine a finer ride. Has the auto-temp control, which the 2500 lacks, which is a big plus on road trips (no constant knob turning). Didn't think any other truck matched this one, and still believe that.

Heavy "D"
By art on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I waited 2 years for the Avalanche and when it finally hit the market it looked great, but was it practical for my needs as well as my wants? No. So I ended up with the Heavy "D". Almost identical to the Avalanche except for the plastic on the outside and the motor on the inside. The 1500HD comes standard w/ the 6.0L V8. Rides like a Cadillac. Powerful like a Corvette. Quiet inside.

Satisfied Owner
By FWA on 03/17/02 11:14 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just passed 6,000 miles. CD player was DOA, fixed without much inconvienence. Lots of power. Got 14 MPG on long trip with no hills - OK I guess, after all this is no econobox. Comfy & roomy back seat - grown men comment on the comfort!

1500HD
By HD on 03/14/02 00:15 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I rated the truck high because I like it. It may be lighter than the Heavy heavy dutys but it rides as good as my wifes $24.000.00 car. It's quite and runs good, with plenty of pep. The gas milage is around 13 intown and 16 on the highway. It sits as high as the 2500HD's and it looks good. But with a big truck your not going to get the milage like a small truck. But thats the price I'm willing to pay.