2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Pleased Owner
By R. Colonna on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It's been a great truck. 25,000 miles in the first year and it hasn't been to the shop once. It hauls great. Does it ride a little rough? Sure, its an HD. Does it get great gas mileage? 14 MPG, not bad for having 3.73 rear end.

Love my Chevy truck.
By MarylandGirl on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Liked the no pressure sales from Rogers chevrolet, they went out of their way to help find this truck. Good truck all around so far. A little awful on gas consumption, but with this area's 'fast' paced traffic, no wonder!

Slick
By Hokie Okie on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Never had a better ride.

TRUCKS
By MINNESOTA on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

LOVE THE TRUCK. LOVE CHEVY'S. NO COMPLAINTS HERE.

I DO NOT LIKE THE ENGINE
By lwidg on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK ENGINE HAS A VIBRATION THEY CANT OR WILL NOT GET OUT. FOR THAT REASON I AM DISATISFIED.

It's been great so far
By H2YAMYK on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Only about 8K on the clock, but no real problems yet. A few times now, the A/C blows warm for some reason but it's rare. There is some valve noise with this engine that some one else here is concerned about. I believe it to be normal. Some engines make more noise than others. Power is fantastic. Ride is decent. Pretty bumpy on these L.A. freeways, but the towing/hauling capacity beats Fords flat out. I compared to F250 and this 1500HD is superior in just about every way in terms of utility. Comparing this truck to the F150 4-door was a no brainer - The F150 5 foot bed was a big deterrent as I use this truck for motorcycles, etc.

Problems With Chevy 1500HD
By Rodney Seigler on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had transmissinon Problems. It does not want to go into Overdrive. With the higher RPM's not going into Overdrive it caused the heads to crack. This aloud oil to get into the coolet system. Also I have Problems with the AC not keeping coolet in it. So where there is a leak which has not been found.

MY 2500HD
By leroy on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle, fun to drive

First Time Chevy Owner
By Rob_in_Texas on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I shopped for a month comparing the Ford, Dodge and Chevy. I have always owned Ford but was very disappointed in Ford's decision to shorten the bed to 5ft. The Dodge was very nice, but has mechanical issues with their transmissions plus they want too much money for it. The Chevy was finally my choice. It is very roomy inside and all the features are nice. I don't understand Edmunds comments about the cheap interior plastic items and Consumer Reports rated the Silverado #2, behind the Toyota, but only real men drive real American trucks. ;-)

Work/Family truck
By jeyman on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was ready to buy this truck when I saw the prototype two years ago. It is great for work and fantistac for the family. My wife has a Nissan Quest and now we get to get a Passat because the truck will double for a family hauler when needed. I had a 1999 Silverado before this one and this is a much better built truck.