Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

It'll beat a Hemi
By Chad PA.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had many Dodge and Chevy trucks in the past. I must say this is the best. I'm used to driving 400+ horsepower muscle cars, and I would consider this a "Muscle Truck". I would give the performance a 20 if it would let me. I does well at everything from hauling to plowing snow. Mine has the famous tap at startup also, but it's normal. It rides, drives and handles great. I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants to say they have a real truck. The gas mileage is so so for me but what do you expect with a full size truck with a 6.0L powerhouse under the hood. With a little add ons like I have, "It'll beat a Hemi"

Favorite Features

Power, reliable, rear seating space (even car seats)

Suggested Improvements

None, I took care of that with a Magnaflow, power programmer and a K&N. Well done Chevrolet!

Only a Chevy for the workin man
By BOWTIE-ALLTHEWAY

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my 1500 hd for a few months and have had only one thing go wrong at that is the 4L80-E trans.I have put just over 12000 miles on my truck and the trans is bad but not a big deal to me any way when you use a truck like you should your gona have stuff go bad but other than that this is the best chevy I've ever had (just so ya'll know this will be the 10th Chevy I have bought in five years and would not even think about geting a Ford or a Dodge)

Favorite Features

The best part of my truck is the room inside. My son can almost put all of his toys in the back seat to keep him busy for miles.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Great truck
By RP

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Our 1500HD CC has been a great truck. It handles towing and large payloads without a problem. It is very roomy, and versatile with the rear seats. It is quite comfortable for a truck, but is still a truck (sometimes a little bouncy ride). My only complaints are that it can be difficult to park in small lots, and of course, it doesn't do great with fuel economy. Otherwise, I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Favorite Features

Four full doors, high ground clearance.

I Love my truck!
By Ladyrider

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for three year's. I have kept my oil changed at every 3k mile's and have had no problems out of my Chevy! His name is Elija (yes, I name my vehicles) I put 105 miles a day on this truck and I feel very safe & confident in it. When purchased it had about 60k roughly and now I have right at 200k miles I don't doubt it won't last another 200K. I cannot stress enough to folks to keep their oil changed & hey I'm a Lady saying this. Thanks Chevy for a well built product that I am proud to drive Every day. I Love my truck LadyRider

Favorite Features

The lumbar adjust on the driver's seat. When my back hurts it helps to relieve.

2002 Chevy 1500
By curtis

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this truck. Have hauled 3800 lbs of stone in bed which made ride real smooth, hauled it with no problem. The ride is great and the features are nice also. I must agree with others reviews I have also had the ac blow warm air from time to time, for no apparent reason, dealer found no problem. I have also has what one review said as a pecking noise also. We really like the truck overall the biggest problem is gas mileage

Favorite Features

The ride, fun to drive, interior layout. The full 4 doors is great

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy