2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Great Truck
By polomom on 04/16/05 00:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drive this truck everyday to work. It's very comfortable, and I feel incredibly safe! When it's not towing a boat or loaded down, it tends to bump along on some of the highways. Also, I personally tend to have a difficult time pulling into straight parking spaces - like an elephant. However, I really like my truck! Absolutely no mechanical issues!

HD=Huge Dissapointment
By HD mike on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Don't waste your $$$$$. This thing has more problems than Enron. Here are just a few. piston slap (this is my favorite) burns 1qt oil/1500 miles (25K on truck) transmission front-end mysterious vibrations interior quality I have been to various dealers with all of these problems and none of them have been able to fix any of these. I will be paying Ford a visit very soon.

2002 Smoking $33,000 Silverado
By sjones87 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truck uses a quart of oil in about 2,200 miles. Used a quart towing a boat for 450 miles. Truck smokes. Dealer service dept. said a quart per 1,000 miles is standard. Dealer service dept. says today a quart per 2,000 is okay and some smoke. I am embarrashed when I start the truck and it smokes. Wish I had my 96 Dodge back that I traded in. Last Chev. truck I bought rusted down in 3 years. I should have learned my lesson and not have bought another one.

Great 3/4 Ton truck, rides like a car
By greerjt on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've never owned a 3/4 ton truck as an everyday vehicle. I drive on the interstate about 80 miles per day. I would have to get a Cadillac to get a better ride. Very stable. I get 17 MPG with 15 being the lowest in-town driving. No service problems at 20K mi. I could not ask for more in a truck.