2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Great
By chrismac780 on 07/30/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Motor knocks with low octane. Other than that it's a good truck. Put a 3" lift with 33"s on 20" rims. Chipped, bigger throttle body and cold air intake. No worse on gas than my buddy's F-150 King Ranch.

Awesome tow vehicle
By Brian on 03/12/06 16:35 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have hauled many car trailers both short and long distances and a 10k# boat 1500 miles effortlessly. I couldn't ask for a better tow vehicle. I did expect better fuel mileage on the highway (15mpg). Around town is typical for a truck this size (12mpg).

Great Truck
By polomom on 04/16/05 00:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drive this truck everyday to work. It's very comfortable, and I feel incredibly safe! When it's not towing a boat or loaded down, it tends to bump along on some of the highways. Also, I personally tend to have a difficult time pulling into straight parking spaces - like an elephant. However, I really like my truck! Absolutely no mechanical issues!

Big Bow Tiw
By dwalkerdh on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

They are one nice truck

Love this truck
By lhiatt on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Silverado having traded in for a 4-door. What can I say, love this truck. Anytime I can pass going uphill hauling a boat with a camper I am happy. Absolutely no problems this far, very realiable. Great with camper 4-wheeling in back country. Hauling and towing far exceed any other truck I have owned. Ride is very car-like even with HD suspension. We can complain about fuel economy, but then if we cared we would have bought a smaller truck.

Excellent in every way
By TR993 on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is trouble free, rides like a cadillac and has power to spare. The 6.0L gas engine does the job nicely. The heated seats work wonders and all LT features are well thought out. The looks of the truck are second to none.

2001 Chevy 1500HD LT 4x4
By bretj on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

All in all a descent truck, much better than the previous models. Much improved leather surfacing and features that were never on a truck before. Now for the bad stuff... Paint started peeling after a month, GM told me I did something to it, not noticable to most people but we know it's there. POOR gas mileage, 11 mpg anywhere I go. Harder ride than my dads Ford 1 Ton dually. Knocks with 89 octane (use 91 and it goes away). Auto shutoff at 96mph has to be fixed with a hypertech unit to reach 127 actual top end. Needs bigger stock tires for offroad use. No aftermarket lift kit that I can find.

I am very happy with my Siverado 1500 HD
By Brigdisk on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I think by Chevrolet making the 1500HD, Chevrolet has relly complemented its pickup line. I have owned mine now for 10 months, and love it.

Chevy 1500HD crew cab 4x4
By reynolt on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck can pull my 5 horse gooseneck trailer and fit my family of 4 very comfortably for travelling. The back seat that folds flat is great for hauling dogs or groceries. This is the best truck I could ever have. The tow/haul mode really works well when we are pulling our trailer, no more manual shifting. Lots of power in that 6.0L engine.

HD=Huge Dissapointment
By HD mike on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Don't waste your $$$$$. This thing has more problems than Enron. Here are just a few. piston slap (this is my favorite) burns 1qt oil/1500 miles (25K on truck) transmission front-end mysterious vibrations interior quality I have been to various dealers with all of these problems and none of them have been able to fix any of these. I will be paying Ford a visit very soon.