Solid truck
By Scooter on
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I bought mine new in May, and was very dissapointed with it's performance in stock trim. Since then I have lifted it 6", added 35" tires, installed a K&N filter system, Flowmaster exhaust, and a Superchips programmer. Now the truck hauls and looks great. Fuel mileage is about 12-16, not bad at all for a 6.0 V-8 in a lifted truck. I have the Autotrack feature and love it! It is an ingenious feature! Truck is very capable off road (probably with the help of giant tires and 6" of lift :) Overall I get a ton of complimenets on the truck and am happy with it. The only bad thing is the transmission is an old one, 4L60-E, and this motor needs a 5 or 6 speed tranny for better overall perf.
Favorite Features
The interior is really nice. Very comfy and great ergonomics. Also the price!! Chevy was trying to give these away, got mine for 31k out the door with a sticker of 38k. Good deal indeed.
Suggested Improvements
Get a better tranny! This thing needs a 5 or 6 speed offering, Also please for God sake inprove the turning radius! This thing is very trying at time manuevering it around SoCal's smaller parking lots and roads