Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD Classic model:

1/2 ton on steroids
By Kosmo

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a Cadillac and pulls like an ox! This truck can outperform any other manufacturers gas powerd 3/4 ton truck. Cheaper to run at 13.5 mpg that my Duramax at 18 mpg. I paid $21K for on 07 with 35K mi. Good deal I think.

Favorite Features

Quiet and smooth. Engine is far smoother that I imagined. Bose speakers give great sound. Comfort and great ergonomics for the driver.

Suggested Improvements

I put bigger tires (265's) which improve road tracking, and looks. Gas milage is between 12.5 and 14 mpg,

Solid truck
By Scooter

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine new in May, and was very dissapointed with it's performance in stock trim. Since then I have lifted it 6", added 35" tires, installed a K&N filter system, Flowmaster exhaust, and a Superchips programmer. Now the truck hauls and looks great. Fuel mileage is about 12-16, not bad at all for a 6.0 V-8 in a lifted truck. I have the Autotrack feature and love it! It is an ingenious feature! Truck is very capable off road (probably with the help of giant tires and 6" of lift :) Overall I get a ton of complimenets on the truck and am happy with it. The only bad thing is the transmission is an old one, 4L60-E, and this motor needs a 5 or 6 speed tranny for better overall perf.

Favorite Features

The interior is really nice. Very comfy and great ergonomics. Also the price!! Chevy was trying to give these away, got mine for 31k out the door with a sticker of 38k. Good deal indeed.

Suggested Improvements

Get a better tranny! This thing needs a 5 or 6 speed offering, Also please for God sake inprove the turning radius! This thing is very trying at time manuevering it around SoCal's smaller parking lots and roads

Towing
By Liz

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I finally towed with this truck and it was great! Hardly knew it was there. It was so much better in towing than the F150 5.4 w/tow pkg. No comparison at all. The only issue was gas mileage. It blew through the gas quickly. Love this truck!

Favorite Features

Love it!

Suggested Improvements

See my previous comments on this

Love My New Truck
By Liz Devlin

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Classic LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 1st Chevy last week and traded a 2004 Ford F150. The Chevy has more power and more comfort than my Fords, and also rides smoother. I bought it for towing and the HD is mainly used for towing, and after reaching the 500 mile mark, I can't wait to see how it tows my horse trailer. Fuel economy is 14-15 mpg, which is to be expected with a 6.0 V8. Actually, I got 13-15 w/the Ford that had a 5.4, so I guess I can't complain since I now have a bigger engine. Won't ever go back to Ford and I have always bought Ford.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, nice dashboard layout. Smooth and quiet ride. Enjoying commercial free radio, but would have preferred Sirius. Love how the back seats fold down for more room. Very roomy vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Towing mirrors as standard equipment, along with a lighted mirror on drivers visor. Better fuel economy, but again, can't expect it with an automatic transmission and a big truck, but it would be nice anyway.