2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

19 Mpg in city!
By Dave S.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

This truck is not in Edmunds model description. I went from a 1998 Saturn "great car", to a Chevy Silverado 2 WD, WT extended cab with a V8. I have been spoiled with 34 mpg in the city and 42 mpg highway, for almost 19 years. With the first fill up of gas in this truck I averaged almost 19 mpg city driving. I'm very impressed with the truck so far. It is very quite, has plenty of power, and looks like it will get almost 2 times the mpg of my previous 83" Chevy pickup. But, with only 300 miles on it, I can't tell you much. I'll let you know in 19 years what I think ;) I had a hard time finding this truck. It seems like most trucks are loaded, 4 WD with 6 cylinders. For 1 mpg difference why buy a 6 cylinder. I really wanted to buy a extended cab with a 8' bed, but GM doesn't sell it in the 1500 trucks. I looked at the 2500's until I saw how bad the Mpg was!

Just bought the truck
By Emma Watters

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

The front passenger seat is unconfortable as the back is flat and it puts your legs to sleep the way it was made. I have my husband stop after 100 miles or so, so I can get my back and legs in order. Can't afford a power seat so I can adjust it, so I guest I have to live with it. At the age of late 60s you people should remember not all people are young when they buy your trucks. Please change the seat for the next person as they could be Handycap like me. Love my truck! Would not buy anything else!

Broke down 3 time in the first year!
By Deeply disappointed

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LT 4dr Double Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have always owned Ford trucks but because my son worked for GM I wanted to support him and the company. I bought the Silverado . On a trip to Florida it broke down- they said it was the o2 sensor. Same trip- it breaks down again- they put me up in a hotel because they say it's the coil and they have to order a part... 2 days later my truck gets fixed. I head back on the road again . I make it through 3 states and it breaks down again on a Saturday afternoon. Once again I am stuck in a strange town with a new truck that has broke down!

What happened to my Car Play!
By Pilot_Mike

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

so, I picked up my new Silverado 1500 and noticed while going through the truck that Airplay was missing. I asked the salesmen why didn't my truck on this since it was on of my requested features (also standard on my trim level). I was told that someone had ordered the truck without it and I would be able to bring it in the next day for an update. The next day I called to get an update. I was told that "due to supply issues my truck did not come with CarPlay that that GM "may" make it right some day. For now, I received a $200 credit.. $200? I wanted carplay.. I don't really care about the stupid credit.. GM.. Make it right please!

Hi on High Country
By Dan

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

This review is based on the High Country model which Edmunds doesn't list. I really like the grill and front end design. Interior with saddle leather looks awesome and cab is quiter than wife's Audi. Ride is very comfortable and handling is very good for a truck. My only complaint is auto manufacturer's seem to over price trucks.