2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Lots of noise coming from my leaf springs
By Chad

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Traveling under 10 mph that involves any flex in the suspension the truck makes awful clunking, squeaking, and popping noises. Apparently my local Chevrolet dealer says GM has no solution to the issue yet. My leaf springs have been replaced and lubricated and the noise came back after 3 months. Truck rides good at high speeds and I get great mpg on highway! Not a truck I'd ever buy again unless GM fixed this problem, sounds like my truck is falling apart!!! I received a great deal and now I know why...Pay for what you get. Never been a Ford guy but that will be my next truck!

Last Chevrolet Ever
By Thomas

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Due to a crash that left me a vehicle short, I jumped impulsively at the first and best deal I could find on a truck at the time and ended up with a new but year-old model Silverado 1500. After only 500 miles, I took it back to the dealer and filed a complaint with GM because of the poor performance - hesitation, shuddering, low power during turns and climbing small hills, a feeling of constant transmission shifting dozens of times a minute, especially at speeds under 40 mph. At highway speeds using cruise control, I could watch the RPM needle bounce up and down at 200-400 intervals. I offered to trade it back to the dealer and purchase a higher priced 2500 with a different engine and transmission and even asked GM for trade assistance. I tried to trade it on much higher priced trucks at other dealers and could not get more than 50% of the original sticker price with fewer than 1,000 miles and less than two months old. Short answer after 4 months of phone calls - dealer didn't want it back and GM said this type of performance for their trucks was normal. I am told by others who claim to know that the issue is the Active Fuel Management system that GM uses in trucks with the 5.3L engine and 6 speed transmission. Internet reviews confirm others have experienced similar issues. Between the poor performance, poor dealer support and non-existent GM support, this will be my Last Chevrolet Ever!

worse truck ever
By Kerry

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The hubler dealership cheated me out of my trade in value this truck is horrible, Terrible gas mileage transmission shifts hard and badly it is very uncomfortable driving more than 10 , minutes!! very thin metal body panels even the smallest hail will dent the body panels and the tires look like they have 100,000 miles on them and they do not have 6800 miles yet!!!! This trucks engine has developed a loud annoying ticking noise that is very embarrasing and sounds like the engine has many more miles than what the odometer displays. The dealership will not do any thing !!! The dealership cheated me out of money for my trade in they lied and told me this truck has on screen maps and navigation it does not the dealership told me they would put new all terrain tires on this truck before I got it now they will not!!! This dealership told me this truck gets 16 mpg city and 22 mpg highway it gets 14 mpg city and 18 mpg highway!!! the suspension is terrible I can feel every little bumpand the front end sounds like it has alot of wear it pops and !!! I got this truck brand new with 1 mile on it and this truck has less than 6600 miles on it now and this is the worse truck I have ever drove!!! The air conditioner does not work properly It takes a half hour to even get cool dealership says that is normal they said that about the transmission and the ticking noise and I have not even mentioned the radio sounds horrible!! I have owned chevrolets my entire life and this is the last one I will be a ford man from now on, CHEVROLET HEADQUARTERS IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO GET THEM TO HELP A LOYAL CUSTOMER SO GOODBYE !!! ALL OF MY FRIENDS NEIGHBORS AND FAMILY AND CO WORKERS WILL NOT BE BUYING CHEVROLETS THEY DO NOT CARE !!! CHEVROLET FILED FOR BANKRUPTSY BECAUSE OF FUTURE AND PRESENT LAWSUITS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BAIL THEM OUT

Why do manuf. use the consumer as the test track?
By Bryan Coulson

I have read a lot of complaints about the Silverado's shaking, vibration, shifting, electronics, lack of towing power and not being user friendly to repair ( GM repair manual not available to the consumer). I was once employed in technical services for a farm equipment manufacturer whose engineers designed products who had little experience operating or repairing them. I would say GM definitely falls into this category! As far as drive-ability and creature comforts this is just an average vehicle, who's manufacturer had little regard for the end user. More of a car than a truck for sure!

My previous vehicles were a 1999 Dodge Ram and 2006 Silverado. The 99 Ram was a very decent machine, great power (5.9 L), towing, great view for drive-ability, seats and console were good too. The 2006 Silverado will be remembered for its creature comforts--lots of storage area and electronic plug ins. Poor thing took a beating, but kept on chugging along. I'll try to be a lot kinder to the 2015 Silverado. My hope would be for manufactures to start making trucks again, instead of masquerading SUVs as trucks--they are not the same thing! Sign me--not a fan!

LT Double Cab V8 All Star that's an All Star
By P3Watson

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Had the truck since July 2015 and have put 18,000 miles on it over the past 9-10 months. I can't say enough about the truck. Interior is super quiet, even when towing an RV. I see others may have experienced transmission issues, I have not. The RV is about 4,000 lbs and has been towed for about 1,000 of the miles on it. Fuel mileage, on the highway, cruise set to 73mph, and soft tunneau cover on, is 24.8mpg over 400 miles. Around town, expect 18-19 as long as you're not a lead foot.