2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Humpty Dumpty performance
By clark

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new, very pretty 2015 Silverado 4x4 5.3 crew cab last February. At first the truck seemed really nice. That quickly changed! After driving about 1000 it started jerking, stumbling and fumbling in between shifts. I took it to the dealer. They advised me that there is a built in delay between shifting that can cause this. I was advised to just keep driving it and it would go away as it would adapt to my driving. It didn't! It actually got worse. The truck was back i the shop a total of 5 times for the same problem, never a fix. A representative from GM even told me there was a high number of complaints on this vehicle and GM had actually bought back many of these so now they consider this issue a "normal characteristic". After much frustration over this, and no help from GM or the dealer it was time to either get out of the truck or go after them with the lemon law. A lemon law attorney said it was a solid case and they had numerous cases against this particular model truck, however, it would most likely take quite some time to resolve. I did not want this thing to drag on so I traded this truck in on a Ford F150 FX4 and what a difference! Although I lost money on the crappy Silverado, it was worth it to get a truck that performs like it should. I will never go back to GM for anything!

The Nicest Vehicle I have Owned
By dave.carlson@zieglercat.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the High Country Trim Level so I could get the 6.2 with the 8 speed transmission for pulling my horse trailer. I love driving this truck! Lots of power and it handles great. I have owned Silverado's and Suburban's since the late 90's with the best trim levels and this is the nicest interior I have ever had. From the quality of the seats, roominess and features that it has, it is a real mobile office for me. I really like the sound system in this truck, it has so much depth you get great quality sound and any volume level. What I like best about this truck is the performance. The gas mileage is great even pulling my horse trailer. If there are any negatives they are in the electronics. The Navigation leaves a little bit to be desired and the Bluetooth can be clumsy at times. Overall, this is the best vehicle I have owned. I love driving it and would buy another one.

Love this truck.
By Stephanie

I absolutely love my Silverado. I did have a spark plug blow after only a few thousand miles, however that has been the only problem I have had.

A lot to like after driving for one year
By M. Horn

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2015 Z71 LT crew cab short bed new and have enjoyed it. Interior is the best part of this truck. The cab is very quiet and comfortable. Crew cab has a lot of interior space and multiple USB and charging ports. Even with a short bed, this is a big truck with a 143 in. wheelbase, harder to park in urban areas. The biggest shortcomings to me are the electronics. You have to subscribe to On-star to be able to use the navigation. I just use my phone, but the blue tooth sync between my iphone and the vehicle is clumsy at best. It works, just takes some time. I have the 5.3l engine and six speed transmission. I have not had any shifting or hesitation issue with the vehicle, granted I haven't towed a lot. It does like to accelerate slowly in the 4cyl. mode but if you give it some gas it will still get down the road in a hurry. I have gotten 30 mpg over a 25 mile stretch, but that was on a dead flat country road with the cruise set on 45 mph. Most highway mileage is closer to 22 MPG. Like any truck, your fuel efficiency falls off a cliff if you go much over 60 mph. I have not had any reliability issues or problems after 18,000 miles and 1 year of ownership. There is a seat belt recall that needs to be fixed at the next service interval. Very happy with my purchase.

2015 Midnight Edition
By Jack Mayhoffer

It's a great truck, I love it, and have no major complaints and have had zero mechanical issues for 8 months. Good things - it rides well, is very comfortable, the interior is great, connectivity to devices is great (bluetooth connects very well). It also performs very well in snow. It's roomy, has great storage (at least in the front part of the cab). The remote start is great in hot/cold weather to prepare the cab for comfort. I get lots of looks while driving, which is nice. The factory lined box is great, and the rear lighting works well too. So negatives - for a $50k truck to not have navigation is a travesty. Sorry, I'm not going to subscribe to OnStar for personal navigation. I'd much rather just use my phone. While console storage is cavernous, I'd like some storage compartments under the rear seat for tow straps, bungee chords, etc. so I don't have to put then in the bed (I installed an after market roll top cover). The stereo is also lacking for a $50k truck. Sounds like the Blazer I bought in 1999. It sounds like a ghetto blaster from 1984. The power is great when you can get to it, but you have to really drop the hammer to get there. I'd be more willing to accept the lack of acceleration if the gains in fuel economy were worth it, but as of today, my lifetime fuel economy per the computer is 15.7 mpg. The annoyances don't make me regret purchasing the truck at all. But, seems like Chevy really shaved costs to make the price point for a "special edition". The extras on the Midnight are cool, but for a few extra bucks, Chevy could have made this a super awesome vehicle instead of just a very good one.