Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

No problems @ 30k !
By Steve

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've avoided GM products for many years due to the quality of design and workmanship. I was pleasantly surprised when I first drove this truck in '14 & and I still a fan today - would definitely buy it again. Highs - very good mileage for a 7000lb vehicle, very quiet interior, driver interface is very good once you're familiar with it, no problems/repairs other than recalls below, numerous power outlets & usb ports, towing set-up is a breeze, tailgate & bed step features are great. Lows - navigation is ancient tech - use your cell, satellite radio has spotty reception, 3 recalls for minor stuff (seat belt/software upgrade/ trailer hitch), turn radius is poor, throttle response is not linear - slow off the line - suspect this by intent to help gas mileage & reduce wheel spin in 2 wheel drive mode - but okay once you get used to it, dealer maintenance experience (gengris chevy) has been poor - they just don't give a damn about you as a customer.

This one's a dud
By Jenny Carlson

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LT 4dr Double Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Only 17k miles on this truck after 2 years of ownership. At this point I'm even hearing from service people that this year 2014 Double Cabs are trouble. The paint job is the cheapest I've ever seen and started chipping the first week. The dash came loose and had to be "tightened". Now I have a horrible smell coming from the HVAC vents. TURN RADIUS is awful. Didn't realize how bad until I rented a truck (happened to be Ram - same class as my truck size) and it was like night and day. No problem turning, u-turning, parking, etc in the Ram. Hate all those things in my Chevy. (I'm a repeat Chevy owner and never had such low quality) I'm actually worried about the value of my vehicle down the road when all the problems become public knowledge and it's branded a bad year to buy. The responsiveness is like driving a 50's or 60's vehicle instead of 2014. Sluggish.

In addition, Chevy has moved to a new fabric for their interiors. As a result the interior is not nearly as comfortable as older models. They say the new fabric is easier to clean. Well I have found the opposite to be true. Having a dog that I like to take with me, has been a nightmare. The fabric attracts the hair and actually gets stuck in the weave of the material. I have to take a rubber brush as hard as I can to "comb" the hair out of the seat material, while I have a vacuum in the other hand to try and grab the hair as soon as it's even partially free from the material. Previous seat fabrics were never a problem to clean and vacuum hair.

Service reps actually had the nerve to tell me I just needed to change the setting on my AC/Heat to exterior air before turning off and getting out of the vehicle. That somehow the way I use my HVAC is causing the problem! Every concern I have bought up to service is dismissed immediately as something I must be doing wrong. And that was from the Service department manager! In addition when the dealer "fixed" the dash, they managed to put a dent in the door of my truck. While it's now scheduled to be fixed and they took ownership, seems to me maybe they need to look within for who is doing something wrong as relates to these trucks.

I have 2 positives for this truck: 1. The stay in place floor mats. 2. The 4-door double cab as an in-between to the crew cab.

I have now contact Chevrolet corporate. So far I'm being put off in a noncommittal let's get dealer to address issues… Really? Don't really think a dealer can fix an inferior product with design flaws.

Works fine for me
By George

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Work Truck 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 2WT Double Cab 4x4 truck with the 4.3 engine. I'm very pleased with the vehicle. The 2WT package is a great value in my opinion. The truck is very comfortable & surprisingly good on gas. The bluetooth with phone is a but quirky but once I figured out the the system, it works ok. Took it on a 500 mile trip & was a very comfortable ride. For what I paid, I'm happy with my purchase

6 month old 2014 Silverado Clunking Truck
By Brian

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Work Truck 4dr Double Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Within last month when i go to slow down it makes a clunking noises underneath. Sounds like the driveshaft or u joint is clunking. Took to dealer they had it 4 days and told me it was fine. They said everything is normal. It also has rattling noises in cab. So a truck that i bought new with 11,000 miles on it today making clunking noises is normal. Well that sucks. The dealer is of no help they say GM says its normal too.

Drove my chevy to a levy
By Mark p

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Ok 2014 silverado Texas .would never buy another .would never buy from reliable chevy again .had issues with a truck so they took it back and force of hand me into a newer 2014 I like the truck but wow what a pice of cap now has had electronic problem transfer motor vibration and other issues. To to de as let replace coil 3 times a\c went out had to fix that .transfer keeps slipping gears like stuck in neutral. Dealer says it's normal. Won't do anything .call gm hot line can't get them to do anything wish I could get rid of it