Safety Problem - rear head restraints in crew cab
By jef14silverado on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
This is a very nice truck with a significant safety issue if you need adults to ride in the back seat. The head restraints do not move up high enough to protect someone over about 5'3" during a rear end impact. My 2005 Sierra crew cab had restraints that moved up considerably higher. I registered a complaint with safercar.gov and emailed a complaint to Chevy Customer Service. I have also written a letter to Chevy explaining my complaint. I did receive a response to my email saying thanks for the feedback and it will be taken into consideration in future designs. This is unacceptable. I and others have the unsafe current model. If I would have realized this, I would have bought the Ram.
Favorite Features
Interior, step in rear bumper, lower overall height than Ford or Ram, & ride.
Suggested Improvements
Please GM, correct the head restaint safety problem. Increase the moveable height and locking position of the rear seat head restraints. Take customer safety feedback seriously. This is not buyers remorse. For those of you just researching at this point, make sure you consider this before making a decision. My decision would have been different. The Ram has full sized restraints that would keep the rider from hitting the glass or getting a neck injury. Only noted two minor issues with the truck beyond this so far.