2014 Chevy Silverado LT All-Star Edition Z/71 Double Cab-5.3 V-8
By canadaverde on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)
Got my new truck 2 weeks ago. I don't drive my personal vehicles very much and now I am a retired Deputy Sheriff with disabilities. I sold my 2004 Chevy 2500HD-LT-SWB-Extended Cab 4X4 with the 6-1/2 foot bed with the Duramax/Allison in February 2013. It only had 28,000 miles on it with almost 9 years of ownership. I like most things about my new pickup, except the Active Fuel Management system and poor fuel economy. It only has about 250 miles on it now. I used a SuperChips programmer on a 2006 Dodge Charger I was assigned to add power and deactivated the AFM system. The car ran better and got better MPG's, so I ordered one for my new Chevy truck. We will see how it works on the pickup.
Favorite Features
I have been a Bow-Tie Boy since I was 18. I like the new extended cab (Double Cab). I like the interior compared to my old 2004 Chevy. The seating materials seem much better than the past. Auto dimming interior mirror and auto dimming-power folding-with turn signals-exterior mirrors, fender flares and body side moldings as a standard equipment on LT's would be nice, especially at the prices new 1/2 ton gas engine trucks cost nowadays. The ride is super quiet.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the AFM system, it does not work. Tell the Fed's to go "Catch A Train" . Add more standard items to the LT models, listed above.
By roger126
on 06/16/14 14:06 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2014 Silverado with the 6cyl engine. I had a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 6cyl and 8 speed Transmission. But after they had to replace the radio in the Ram for the 4th time I said "See ya later" The Silverado's cab is more solid then the Ram, but the Ram's drivetrain was smoother then the herky jerky Silverado. The gas mileage on the Ram was pretty close to what they said it would be. I am disappointed with the Silverado's mileage. Get about 15 around town and I don't have a heavy foot. I guess Chevrolet didn't build this truck with Montana mountains in mind. It is underpowered going up hills without even pulling anything. The Ram had more pep to it. Wish and American truck could have it all, with electronics that are more dependable then the Ram, and mileage and a transmission better than the Silverado...maybe someday..