2014 Silverado V6 work truck
By hardworker777 on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Double Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)
I got a new 2014 silverado work truck whit 15 miles on it at first it was excellent, at about 200 miles the truck started to have a bad idle not smooth anymore and when its cold it can be felt more changed fuel types higher octane of 91 and tried E85 and no change. i already tuck it to the dealer 2 times at 2 different ones and they say the same thing,they say "it has no codes is working ok, it could be how the truck works after brake in and we have no updates or recalls for rough idle, we don't feel anything" they would feel it if it their truck and its a warranty issue. I been searching and looks like I'm not the only one whit that problem whit a GM truck
Favorite Features
Run good is a nice truck whit a lot of power for v6 but at idle 500 rpm is not a satisfying truck specially at a stop sign
Suggested Improvements
dont lie to customer if u don't have an answer search better and fix the problem, a reputation is not easy to get
By turtlewax
on 02/20/14 18:54 PM (PST)

Hi I read your rough idle problem for your Silverado, have you had any luck with it at the Dealership, under warranty since the time you wrote the review? I was thinking about buying the same truck but I got a little trigger shy after reading some of the reviews. Any info would help.

By jimmyz10
on 10/26/14 02:13 AM (PDT)

I just bought a brand new 2014 exactly same model as yours, only 200 miles on it, and sure enough I felt that rattle in the idle in the first stop sign, luckily for me my wife and son felt it too, so they wont say its just me, im taking it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say, but after 43k dollars I don't think I should be doing that on a new truck. do you hardworker777 have any info or update on this.....???