Very disappointed! Stay away. Visit Ford.
By upstatenydave on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)
I would stay away from this model until Chevy fixes serious defect in build quality. I bought my truck about a month ago. On test drive before signing paperwork I mentioned to the salesperson a loud humm at speeds over 30 mph. We thought it was tires breaking in. Well, after a month of aggrevating noise, took it back to dealer. Service states something in rear was over torqued and bearings need replacing. At 1900 miles!!!! So now, my truck has been in dealer shop for a week because Chevy claims part is on "back order"!!!! This is a new truck! Meanwhile I've got work that I can't get done. If Chevy is reading this my case number is 711251316207
Favorite Features
Rear bumper steps (Betcha Ford puts that in next year)
Suggested Improvements
Make a truck right the first time, but if it has an issue, fix it right away! We've got work to do and your costing me money. Don't give lame excuse to a new owner that parts are on back order when ur building new ones every day!
By turtlewax
on 02/20/14 19:11 PM (PST)

Hi, I just read your review about your Silverado on Edmunds.com. I was thinking of purchasing the same truck but after reading some of the reviews, I'm a little trigger shy. just wondering how long you were without your truck before it was finally fixed? And did GM ever get in contact with you regarding this problem? Someone else on the site mentioned a vibration in the drivetrain at 70mph, did you experience the same problem in your truck? Have you had any other problems since? The truck would be my daily driver work truck, any information you can share would be great! Thanks.

By Paul3557
on 12/04/13 11:04 AM (PST)

Nice truck, but off my mark. I recommend a smaller, lighter more fuel efficient pick up. This Chevy, along with other oversized models from Ford, Ram and even Toyota (they fell into the trap too) are for pulling, hauling and heavy duty work. That's OK for the 10% of pick up drivers who need it, but 90% don't. Look around you, most pick ups are daily drivers used for ordinary transportation. When someone realizes this and builds a smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient pick up, they will sell a ton of them. (well - maybe a half ton).

By steveaspesi
on 01/11/14 21:25 PM (PST)

I agree - touting that the smaller truck in your line up can pull 12,000 pounds? really wonder how many truck owners need half that. I need a truck for tools, lumber, debris, toys and the dog. no way would I try to come close to pulling 12,000 pounds. Love the room of this truck, just wish fuel economy could be better. Ford is trying to take out several hundred pounds in their next f150 by using more aluminum - it will be interesting to see what kind of fuel economy they come up with.

By joeverde1
on 07/31/14 11:13 AM (PDT)

I think yaw will find this funny.I work at a Chevy dealer and bought a new truck a very nice one at that.On the first drive home i noticed the shammy and shimmy.After further looking into it and talking to some of our reps they said they would switch tires for me but after that they were done and its my problem to deal with.Quality Control