It Shakes
By cobaltguy2 on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
My 2014 High Country is 3 months old. It is an exceptional vehicle everywhere but in the highway ride. At 65-70 miles an hour there is a very noticeable shake in the vehicle. It has been to the dealers 3 times and they have changed everything but the tail lights. This is my 4th Chevy truck and I have never even had any issues until this truck. I would not buy this truck until they get it right
Favorite Features
Interior design, room in the cabin, steps on rear bumper, easy down tailgate, parking assist, lane assist
Suggested Improvements
Get the shake out.
By scootertoby
on 06/16/14 12:20 PM (PDT)

I've got the 2014 Sierra 1500 Crew 2WD 5.8ft 5.3L with 6500 miles and I get vibration at 70-75mph. First trip to the dealer they balanced all four wheels and found they were all "slightly" out of balance. Picked up the truck and the vibration was the same. Took it back a second time and they found that one of the tires had a high road force number so they replaced the tire at no charge. It is noticeably better now but still does not feel like it should. I plan on taking it back in this week to see what else they can do. To me, it feels like something is loose in the front end and I am hoping they can fix it. I'd like to know what else they replaced on yours.

By cobaltguy2
on 06/17/14 12:11 PM (PDT)

They balanced the drive train, replaced the shocks, replaced the tires, and force balanced the wheels.

By gunner34
on 08/10/14 19:46 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2014 Silverado LTZ 5.3 and found out real quick that they were selling horsepower not torque but was pleased to finally see a fuel mileage increase instead of the downward trend I've seen for the last 15 years. As I read many of the reviews I was surprised to see no comments on the A/C. When I purchased the truck I asked the salesman about no rear vents. I could tell I wasn't the first person to notice this and he responded in a doubtful way that engineers assured them there was adequate air flow for the back seats. Well l learned that's a load of crap when I took an 8 hour trip with my cold natured teenage girls. By the time I got the back seat cool enough that no one was actually sweating, I had icicles hanging off my nose and ears. This is typical American engineering - create tons of storage space and cubby holes - and by the way lose those back seat air vents - the bosses up top want more space. The only other gripe I have is they put the exhaust for the air conditioned seats right in the face of the back seat passengers. And the air coming out is not lukewarm it hot. So think about it, the air blowing in the passengers face is coming from the bottom of your ass. You better lay off the back seat driving not the piss off the driver!

By brandnewchevy
on 08/04/14 13:56 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2014 Silverado LT2 5.3V8 6.6box DBL Cab and I'm dealing with the same thing. At 350 miles, I called the dealer and let them know about the vibration. They said that sometimes when they come of the line at the manufacturer they'll sit for a little while, and to drive it over 500 miles. I did and it still shook. I called the dealer again, took it in to have tires balanced, it still shook. Trucks been in the shop since last week. As I was waiting for a loaner, another Silverado, (High Country) came in and I heard the customer tell the clerk "this truck has a weird vibration". I hope they have a fix, I've had Chevy trucks for over 20 yrs and have never ran into a situation like this.